IIS6 caching assemblies?

cartoper

How do I see what assemblies are in the GAC? I am running XP Pro and
developing with VS 2005. The little web site worked great on the web
server in VS 2005, but I am have a H#@! of a time trying to figure out
what is going wrong when it is deployed on my local machine. I used
the publish option in VS 2005 and I have to reboot each time I run the
site. It keeps go back to a very early version of the site from this
evening.

I cannot imagine that the assemblies arein the GAC, they are NOT
signed. What services do I need to shutdown on XP to REALLY kill
IIS? Is there some documentation somewhere that can clue me in?

Heck with it all, I am going to develop in PHP, this assembly stuff is
great for GUI development, but sucks for web development!

(P.S. I have been doing windows .net development for about three
years, this web stuff reallys sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dave

[...]

Try recycling your app pool or restarting IIS. to see what is in the
GAC us instalutil.exe -L