IIS6 & FSO remote server access

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Guest, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Great discussion on this topic last month guys thanks!
    Wish I'd found the thread yesterday before spending half the day fighting
    the same battle and finding a workaround. But at least it explains why my
    final approach worked.
    I set the remote folder as a virtual folder on the webserver, assigned web
    rights to a domain user and used fso.copyfile(server.mappath) to copy a
    file created locally.

    I'm not thrilled that access to the remote location can't be controlled at
    the user level this way but at least access to the calling script can.

    Strange though, the problem showed up during a migration. Server A had been
    hosting this asp page and connecting to server B sucessfully. I was moving
    the application to server C when I ran into the problem. All three machines
    are W2K, same service pack, same domain, same users, same access
    rights/method configuration. Go figure.

    If someone could post more reference to documentation of how authentication
    is implemented I'd appreciate it.

    Dale

    Guest, Apr 8, 2005