IIS6 running asp scripts

Richard

I am trying to use IIS 6 to run an asp script that connects to another
server to run the task. I have tried using the identities tab to specify
the user to use but the script always connects as anonymous to the remote
system. Am I missing something simple here or was IIS 6 not designed to
perform this type of task?

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

server to run the task. I have tried using the identities tab to specify

What identities tab? Are you using anonymous access for the web page?

- Open Internet Information Services Manager

- Expand Web Sites

- Right-click the web site in question, hit Properties

- On the Directory Security tab, hit Edit under "Authentication and access
control"

- hit Browse or type the username/password of a user that BOTH servers know
about and that has appropriate permissions on both servers. (This is
usually a domain user rather than a local/IUSR-type user.)

Richard

I have an ASP script running on a Windows 2003 IIS 6 server (settings
different than IIs 4 and 5)

I need users to utilize integrated authentication so they can be validated
with their Logon ID and or enter the correct credentials

Once they are validated, I then use a form and once posted, executes a
script on the Windows 2003 IIS 6 server.

What I want to hapen is for this script to be ran in the contect of a
specified user credentials. The script must perfoem actions on the the
Windows 2003 IIS server, and an NT4 server in a trusted domain.

I have done this in IIS 5 by giving an account to the "out of process" in
the components / DCom section. In IIS 6 it is now different.

If you know of a better way to accomplich the above "please" educate me.