IIS6 Web Site deployment

Pete Griffiths`

Hi,

I have been working on an asp.net (1.1) app - developing against a virtual
folder in "personal web server". I have successfully deployed it to an IIS6
virtual folder, but when I try and deploy to a web site in IIS6, I get "The
page cannot be displayed" errors. Any ideas? And - am I correct in thinking
that when I publish to my ISP, they will deploy it in a discrete web site,
rather than a virtual folder? I guess I'm a little confused over what
virtual folders are all about...

Thanks,

Pete Griffiths

Tony Fonager

I am not 100% sure, but depending on how the IIS is configured, are you sure
it is looking for "default.aspx" (or whatever is your default page) in the
list of "documents" on the IIS website configuration page ?

And have you added ASP.NET under "Web Server Extensions" in the IIS control
panel ?

Regards,
Tony Fonager

Guest

Also, make sure that the directory/virtual folder is set as an "Application"
in IIS.

In IIS, right click the directory and click Properties. Under Application
Settings on the Directory tab, there is a button to "Create" an application
for that directory.

HTH

Dan

Pete Griffiths`

Thanks guys,

In the event it was an easy solution - there was a path problem in my code

Pete