IIS7 Classic ASP - subfolder requires authentication??

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Thomas, Aug 3, 2010.

  1. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    Hello,
    We finally were able to deploy a classic asp site on IIS7, Win2008 after
    solving issues with COM+ and ODBC settings.
    The site main settings: Parent paths are enabled, anonymous authentication
    is enabled, the app pool is running under network account and it has all
    rights on entire site's folder tree.
    The site loads ok and most pages work ok. We are having an issue with few
    pages that have cross access between subfolders.
    ie.
    Site Root
    --- Subfolder A
    --- Subfolder B

    Pages on root can redirect to pages in subfolders A or B. pages in
    subfolders A or B can redirect to root, but pages in subfolders A or B can
    not redirect between each other as it prompts for credentials (????).

    I'll appreciate any ideas

    Thanks,

    Thomas, Aug 3, 2010

  2. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    FYI.
    Seems I found the issue. One of the subfolders was named "reports". By
    changing the name to something else ie reports1 everything works.
    I found a post on google saying when SQL Server reporting services is
    installed on same box (my case) SSRS imposes a restriction for virtual paths
    named reports by default.
    I am not completely sure if that was the problem, but seems like. We finally
    renamed the folder an changed all respective links to use the new folder
    name. The site is working ok.

    Thomas, Aug 3, 2010