ILINK32 Errors: Error: Unresolved external

Discussion in 'C++' started by Aravind, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. Aravind

    Aravind Guest

    we have two files:
    1. rc4.c (defines one function "create_pin()")
    2. MyImpl.c(calling the function "create_pin()"),This implements JNI
    method.

    1.When I am trying to create .dll file with one file rc4.obj(rc4.c),it
    is creating the .dll file without any error.
    Command : ILINK32 rc4.obj
    2.But,when we are trying to create .dll file with two .obj files with
    following errors.

    Command : ILINK32 rc4.obj MyImpl.obj

    Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
    Error: Unresolved external '_strcat' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_strlen' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_AI_MD5Random' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OB
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_RandomInit' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OB
    Error: Unresolved external '_strcpy' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_RandomUpdate' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.
    OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_CreateAlgorithmObject' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PIN
    INFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_AI_RC4' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_SetAlgorithmInfo' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\
    RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_CreateKeyObject' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\R
    C4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_GenerateRandomBytes' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININ
    FO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_KI_Item' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_SetKeyInfo' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OB
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_EncryptInit' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.O
    BJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_T_malloc' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_EncryptUpdate' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4
    ..OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_EncryptFinal' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.
    OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_memcpy' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_DestroyKeyObject' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\
    RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_B_DestroyAlgorithmObject' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PI
    NINFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_T_memset' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_T_free' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_AM_RC4_ENCRYPT' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.
    OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_AM_RC4_DECRYPT' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.
    OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_AM_MD5_RANDOM' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.O
    BJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_printf' referenced from
    D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ

    Could someone help me to resolve this problem
    Thanks in advance
    Aravind

    Aravind, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Aravind wrote:
    > we have two files:
    > 1. rc4.c (defines one function "create_pin()")
    > 2. MyImpl.c(calling the function "create_pin()"),This implements JNI
    > method.
    >
    > 1.When I am trying to create .dll file with one file rc4.obj(rc4.c),it
    > is creating the .dll file without any error.
    > Command : ILINK32 rc4.obj
    > 2.But,when we are trying to create .dll file with two .obj files with
    > following errors.
    >
    > Command : ILINK32 rc4.obj MyImpl.obj
    >
    > Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
    > Error: Unresolved external '_strcat' referenced from
    > D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ

    [snip]
    Linking is not part of the _standard_ C++ language and best
    discussed in a newsgroup about the tools. Try a Borland
    newsgroup.

    The unresolved symbols generally indicates that a file
    containing the symbol definitions (not a header) was
    not part of the project or linking phase.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt