    Which of the two packages are correct and why is there a difference?

    Many thanks

    Paul Y

    Paul Young, Jan 29, 2005

  2. Paul Young wrote:

    > I have
    > thousands of small XML documents which, when checked through XMLSPY, appear
    > to be well formed and valid. However when opened in Internet Explorer some
    > are deemed invalid due the use of an illegal character, the "#" sign.
    >
    > Which of the two packages are correct and why is there a difference?

    Can you post a URL to an example document?
    When internet explorer loads a document I am not sure it validates at
    all, does it really display a message that the document is invalid?
    Illegal character sounds more like a problem with encodings respectively
    the parser trying to interpret the byte sequence according to the
    declared encodind and then finding a problem.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jan 30, 2005