illegal seek

news

Alan J. Flavell said:
Well, for the moment I second Chris's proposal, since, as you imply,
a more thoroughgoing answer may be too much to ask for.

So where do we go from here? Do you simply send your text as a patch to
the doc maintainers? Or does it need a consensus?

Cheers,
Chris

Alan J. Flavell

Hi,

So where do we go from here?

Yeah, this one does seem to have flown as well as the proverbial lead
balloon, doesn't it? I still think it's something that would be
useful, but I equally think that my first draft was too big. I was
hoping for a second opinion to get the text more compact.
Do you simply send your text as a patch to
the doc maintainers? Or does it need a consensus?

Judging from my last attempt to update a Perl FAQ (which languished
for quite some time, then was finally pushed through by brian d foy,
whose attention is I gather currently focussed on other matters...),
it does seem as if some supporting voices are better than mere
technical accuracy :-}

I'm willing to give it my best shot, but I'll have to find a time slot
to verify the procedure... unless someone cares to help me out with
it. What with major worm-fighting battles, fixing security bugs in
OSes, and a dept that expects a full day's work on top of all that,
I'm a bit zonked-out at the moment, tbh.

Cheers