    webpage... or would that slow down the loading of the page too much?

    An answer to my question, and the code itself, is required. Can you
    assist?
    When You Need to Tell Someone, Jun 13, 2008

  2. When You Need to Tell Someone

    RobG Guest

    On Jun 13, 11:52 am, When You Need to Tell Someone
    <> wrote:
    > I saw a javascript popup that I just loved, and I'd like it on my new
    > website.

    The novelty of pop-ups, tool-tips and other visual effects wears of
    very quickly and they become distracting annoyances. Such features
    should be used sparingly and only where they help the user to do
    something. They shouldn't be used simply because they can.

    > I think it involved CSS, but I have no clue. It was a rollover popup,
    > with a "pop" sound, and the image that popped up looked like a
    > "conversation bubble" for lack of a better word. It must have been a
    > GIF because the background color was transparent.

    Transparency is not limited to GIF images, the pop-up likely employed
    CSS, HTML and script, and perhaps Flash as well. Did you look at the
    source?

    > Would it be possible to impliment this popup, say 50 times, on a
    > webpage...

    I can't see why not, other than the usability issue noted above.

    > or would that slow down the loading of the page too much?

    If done well, no. If done badly, yes.

    > An answer to my question, and the code itself, is required.

    There were two questions, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

    > Can you assist?

    It is more appropriate to have a go at it yourself, then ask questions
    about how to fix problems or improve features. A request for free
    code in a public forum for what is a reasonably complex effect is not
    likely to be answered with robust, quality code.

    If you want some idea of what you are getting into, try:

    That is not a recommendation to use Walter's code or an endorsement,
    it's intended to illustrated what is required to develop some
    reasonably general purpose tool-tip code.

    --
    Rob
    RobG, Jun 13, 2008

  3. When You Need to Tell Someone

    Stevo Guest

    RobG wrote:
    > On Jun 13, 11:52 am, When You Need to Tell Someone
    > <> wrote:
    >> I saw a javascript popup that I just loved, and I'd like it on my new
    >> website.
    >> Would it be possible to impliment this popup, say 50 times, on a
    >> webpage...
    >> An answer to my question, and the code itself, is required.
    >> Can you assist?

    > It is more appropriate to have a go at it yourself, then ask questions
    > about how to fix problems or improve features. A request for free
    > code in a public forum for what is a reasonably complex effect is not
    > likely to be answered with robust, quality code.
    > Rob

    What you're asking for here is for someone to do everything for you and
    hand it to you on a plate for free. You can compare it to a real world
    example where you've found a plumbers forum and said you saw a great
    bathroom in someone's house, can someone please install such a bathroom
    in your house for free please. What Rob's saying is, if you have a go at
    installing your bathroom (build your speech bubble popups) for yourself,
    and you encounter any problems, then by all means ask for advice and
    help here, but don't expect anyone to do the whole job for you, for free.
    Stevo, Jun 13, 2008