I'm fed up of you lot sleeping so much...

Blinky the Shark

Mark said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

Who? Wha? Me? I wasn't sleeping, honest.

"I was just resting my eyes." - Dad

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

Who? Wha? Me? I wasn't sleeping, honest.

No I know, you're a good boy... it's those lazy sods on the wrong
side of the world... they spend half their bloomin' lives snoring
away while we toil in the hot sun over here...

Sally Thompson

No I know, you're a good boy... it's those lazy sods on the wrong
side of the world... they spend half their bloomin' lives snoring
away while we toil in the hot sun over here...

Hot sun? You have hot sun in the winter? We don't even manage that too
often in the summer here. (Just proving I'm awake and working, well not
actually working I suppose cos I'm on usenet but I look as if I'm working.)
Whereas you dorayme are probably actually in bed right now. Sigh. I wish I
still was!

dorayme

Els said:
You mean it's not winter for you now?

No, it is winter... but during the day it is mostly sunny and the
sea is still warm enough to swim in quite comfortably. But there
are agreeable patches of colder weather at various times around
the land, especially in the south...

dorayme

Sally Thompson said:
Hot sun? You have hot sun in the winter?

Yes, it is different that way... I recall enjoying the direct
sunlight in England in winter in alcoves to thaw the chill in
one's bones. It is not really such a good idea here, in most
parts of the continent - you are instantly cremated in alcoves...

Chaddy2222

dorayme said:
No, it is winter... but during the day it is mostly sunny and the
sea is still warm enough to swim in quite comfortably. But there
are agreeable patches of colder weather at various times around
the land, especially in the south...
I'm in Geelong Victoria, I can tell you, I wouldn't be going for a swim
at the moment. It adverages around 15 to 20 degrees dayly here.
Sometimes a bit colder. It's not to bad though overall.

dorayme

Chaddy2222 said:
I'm in Geelong Victoria, I can tell you, I wouldn't be going for a swim
at the moment. It adverages around 15 to 20 degrees dayly here.
Sometimes a bit colder. It's not to bad though overall.

Yes, it would be chillier down there... you might be surprised at
the sea though, it takes a long time to learn it is winter...

I made a throwaway line about toiling in the hot sun and am not
altogether comfortable with defending the hot sun bit...
(remember how old Mark Latham made a casual remark in answer to a
radio interviewer question a while back about wanting our troops
back from Iraq 'by Xmas'. He then politically foolishly kept with
it and made it ALP policy and basically stated blowing up from
there on...

Chaddy2222

dorayme said:
Yes, it would be chillier down there... you might be surprised at
the sea though, it takes a long time to learn it is winter...

I made a throwaway line about toiling in the hot sun and am not
altogether comfortable with defending the hot sun bit...
(remember how old Mark Latham made a casual remark in answer to a
radio interviewer question a while back about wanting our troops
back from Iraq 'by Xmas'. He then politically foolishly kept with
it and made it ALP policy and basically stated blowing up from
there on..
Yes, I believe I know that interview your talking about.
Regarding the hot sun, it averages 32 DC in Darwin in the middle of
winter, so what you said is kind of right.
I have never been to Darwin though and probly won't find a good reason
to go their for a while yet. I believe Sydney is quite warm in the
winter to though. Well warmer then Melbourne and Geelong anyway.
I also am based just north of Colac, mainly on the Weekends now a days,
it's cold their as well.
I went to Sydney at the end of 2004 though and thaught it was quite a
good city really.