I'm finished, now what???

EMW

I have finished my web application in ASPX, but HOW do I put WHAT on the
server to be able to run the site?
I upload the files to a remote server, so I can't do it with a setup file.

rg.
Eric

Curt_C [MVP]

All the .aspx, .dll, .ascx, image files, folder structures, web.config,
..asax

EMW

I did just that, but my page is not showing everything.
It has buttons and some pictures and one shockwave animation.
The animation is the only thing that is showing.

I assume all the files you mentioned have to be in one folder? I mean no
special folders?

rg,
Eric

Curt_C [MVP]

the SAME folder structure as your development environment.
Also, the "Site" needs to be either it's own site (unique domain name) or
it's own Virtual Dir Application

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

EMW

It isn't working. I copied everything from folder 'wwwroot' and placed it in
a sub folder of the current page.
When I open the index.htm file, which only checks the window size, it then
redirects to the first and main page.
Sofar is goes exactly as it should, but then it shows nothing except one
flash animation.
No my buttons, not my pictures not my labels.

If I do a reload of the page, I get the text version of the aspx file.

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't get it....

rg,
Eric

mikeb

EMW said:
It isn't working. I copied everything from folder 'wwwroot' and placed it in
a sub folder of the current page.
When I open the index.htm file, which only checks the window size, it then
redirects to the first and main page.
Sofar is goes exactly as it should, but then it shows nothing except one
flash animation.
No my buttons, not my pictures not my labels.

If I do a reload of the page, I get the text version of the aspx file.

Is the .NET framework installed on the server? If so, maybe ASP.NET
needs to be registered with IIS:

aspnet_regiis -i

matt

This might be an obvious question to ask but have you uploaded your
files to an IIS web server with asp.net installed? Sounds like the web
server doesn't know what it needs to do with an aspx file, so outputs it
as text.

EMW

I think this is indeed the problem, since it is a server at the office, I'll
need to ask them to put in on.
Thanks!

EMW

I think this is indeed the problem, since it is a server at the office, I'll
need to ask them to put in on.
Thanks!

Rick Spiewak

Or, see Curt_C's notes above - it sure sounds like you haven't made the
folder a Virtual Directory/IIS Application.