I'm having trouble installing TomCat on my mac.

reyes

I'm a C# developer ready to make the transition to the Java world! I
need some help setting up my IDE. I am getting a permission denied
error when installing TomCat 5.5 on my Mac OsX machine. When I run a
sudo as the root, I get an error saying that i typed an invalid
command. Any suggestions?

Also, I would like to integrate TomCat 5.5 with Eclipse using JSP. If
you all know of a guide guide for this, please let me know.

THanks...

Gordon Beaton

I'm a C# developer ready to make the transition to the Java world! I
need some help setting up my IDE. I am getting a permission denied
error when installing TomCat 5.5 on my Mac OsX machine.
Expected.

When I run a sudo as the root, I get an error saying that i typed an
invalid command. Any suggestions?

Adjust your PATH variable or specify the full path to the executable
in question.

/gordon

ratna dinakar

I'm a C# developer ready to make the transition to the Java world! I
need some help setting up my IDE. I am getting a permission denied
error when installing TomCat 5.5 on my Mac OsX machine. When I run a
sudo as the root, I get an error saying that i typed an invalid
command. Any suggestions?

Also, I would like to integrate TomCat 5.5 with Eclipse using JSP. If
you all know of a guide guide for this, please let me know.

THanks...

Hi Reyes...

Its all ways better to go with standard tomcat zip distribution
instead of setup . Before you run the server make sure that [ Though
you have done already :) ]

1. Installed correct or above version required for tomcat.

2. set <java_home>/bin path

3. set JAVA_HOME=< to the folder where you have installed jdk >

After this, just run the startup.sh available in your tomcat bin
folder.

Regarding Integration of tomcat with eclipse you have lomboz or
jboss ide for eclipse plugins which you need to configure without any
extra effort.

Have fun..

Lew

ratna said:
Its [sic] all ways better to go with standard tomcat [sic] zip distribution
instead of setup .

Not true generally. Is there something special about the Mac that makes this
true?