I'm looking for this certain ruby blog software

kazaam

Hi,
I sometime had this ruby blog software which just created html files. No rails, no db was needed. It just created html-files looking like a blog but I can't remember anymore its name :( One of you knows it?

splaestro

Hi,
I sometime had this ruby blog software which just created html files. No rails, no db was needed. It just created html-files looking like a blog but I can't remember anymore its name :( One of you knows it?

Perhaps Hobix, an erstwhile project of why's?

See http://hobix.com, or

gem install hobix --source http://code.why.theluckystiff.net/, or

http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/svn/hobix/

Be aware, however, that if you're running Windows, versions 0.4 and
greater won't work properly. I believe you can still get v0.3b by
following the checklist at hobix.com.

HTH.

Splaestro

kazaam

rublog was the one I had tested way ago but hobix also looks fitting my needs, I will test both. Thanks for your replys!

Jeremy Hinegardner

There are any number of static website development tools out there in
ruby. You might look at them and customize as need be.

I've recently moved 2 small websites to webby
(http://webby.rubyforge.org/). Which I can recommend. There are others
I've looked at at one time or another:

- http://rubyforge.org/projects/yurtcms/
- http://rog.rubyforge.org/
- http://webgen.rubyforge.org/
- http://nanoc.stoneship.org/
- http://rassmalog.rubyforge.org/output/index.html

Some are just static site generaters, others have a blogging focus.

enjoy,

-jeremy