    one...?

    Thanks,
    -Roibn
    Robin, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Robin wrote:
    > A script that will show

    perldoc -f print

    > the listings in directories

    perldoc -f glob
    perldoc File::Find

    > and allow users to do stuff to the files,

    perldoc crystal ball
    perldoc tea leafes

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Robin

    Sam Holden Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:22:21 -0700, Robin <> wrote:
    > A script that will show the listings in directories and allow users to do
    > stuff to the files, anyone have one they could show me or know where to get
    > one...?

    If you are looking to write it then why do you want an existing script that
    does the job? After all if you found such a thing why would you need to write
    one?

    Anyway, this is the wrong forum. Try the task and post any questions you have
    regarding problems with doing it in perl (after checking the FAQ of course).
    Be more specirfic than "do stuff".

    --
    Sam Holden
    Sam Holden, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Robin

    Sara Guest

    "Robin" <> wrote in message news:<btam59$uto$>...
    > A script that will show the listings in directories and allow users to do
    > stuff to the files, anyone have one they could show me or know where to get
    > one...?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Roibn

    Hello Roibn:

    "show the listings in directories" ?
    Perhaps opendir / readdir ?

    "allow users to do stuff to the files"
    Stuff? As in DELETE THEM? EDIT THEM? MOVE THEM? Are you trying to
    rewrite Nautilus? Maybe you can just have them use Nautilus? I think
    even Windows has some sort of primitive file manager as well you might
    have them use that if you're group is MS-Inpaired.

    Sara, Jan 5, 2004
  5. Robin

    Robin Guest

    windows xp actually doesn't have a filemanager... I think...

    Robin, Jan 6, 2004
  6. Robin

    Ingo Menger Guest

    "Robin" <> wrote in message news:<btdl8r$qjp$>...

    > windows xp actually doesn't have a filemanager... I think...

    Oh, well, there's this very secret trick. (Hopefully, nobody from MS
    reads this, ...)
    Just press the Windows key and at the same time the 'E' key ...
    But please, don't tell anybody I told you this ...
    Ingo Menger, Jan 6, 2004
  7. Robin

    Tore Aursand Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:20:49 -0700, Robin wrote:
    > windows xp actually doesn't have a filemanager... I think...

    Yes, it does. Any decent OS comes with a file manager, even Windows.

    This has nothing to do with Perl, though, so please rephrase your
    questions; You wanted a script which did what? What have your tried so
    far? What doesn't work?

    --
    Tore Aursand <>
    "Omit needless words. Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should
    Tore Aursand, Jan 6, 2004
  8. Robin

    Robin Guest

    ok, so it does have one, but it's not the old fileman... I misread

    Robin, Jan 7, 2004
  9. Robin <> wrote:

    > Subject: I'm looking to write...

    Please put the subject of your article in the Subject of your article.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Jan 7, 2004