    in which C++ is of great use. Though I have learned many aspects, in
    which C++ can be applied, but I still can't dicide which direction is
    better. Can anyone give me some idea? Thank you.

    hpsoar, Feb 11, 2009

  2. hpsoar <> writes:

    > I'm a junior student of computer science in a university, and I want
    > to earn a master degree in the near future. I have learned C+ and
    > Java, and have some experience in develop applications and website
    > with C# and asp.net. Now I determined to learn C++ really well, and I
    > have learned it for nearly one year. And I want to choose a direction,
    > in which C++ is of great use. Though I have learned many aspects, in
    > which C++ can be applied, but I still can't dicide which direction is
    > better. Can anyone give me some idea? Thank you.

    You should just try to implement any application or system that you
    like. C++ like a lot of other programming languages is a 'universal'
    programming language: you can apply it to almost any programming task.
    It's true that for most programming tasks you can find a better
    programming language, but given your goal of learning more of C++,
    this should not matter.

    So choose any problem you like, and write a C++ program to solve it.

    --
    __Pascal Bourguignon__

    Pascal J. Bourguignon, Feb 11, 2009

  3. hpsoar

    osmium Guest

    "hpsoar" wrote:

    > I'm a junior student of computer science in a university, and I want
    > to earn a master degree in the near future. I have learned C+ and
    > Java, and have some experience in develop applications and website
    > with C# and asp.net. Now I determined to learn C++ really well, and I
    > have learned it for nearly one year. And I want to choose a direction,
    > in which C++ is of great use. Though I have learned many aspects, in
    > which C++ can be applied, but I still can't dicide which direction is
    > better. Can anyone give me some idea? Thank you.

    The linked article lists some of the areas where C++ has been used with
    success in the past. It might help you and you can then grow the list by
    one more entry.

    http://www.research.att.com/~bs/applications.html

    osmium, Feb 11, 2009