    other speakers for the future meetings

    If you're interested to speak at Princeton JUG in 2006, please contact
    me directly:
    yakov at weekendwithexperts.com

    If you've never heard about JUGs, please read my article at
    http://java.sys-con.com/read/49087.htm

    Thank you,
    Yakov Fain
    http://www.weekendwithexperts.com

    , Nov 3, 2005

  2. Joan Guest

    are you going to put the stuff on the web so we don't have to
    drive over

    Joan, Nov 3, 2005

    I really like Joan's post, but she's missing the point!

    You can't replace live networking with peers with online postings.
    Seasoned Java developers fly over the country to attend conferences
    and seminars NOT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO LISTEN TO SOME TECHNICAL
    PRESENTATION, but because they want meet people.

    Oh well, gasoline is expensive these days, so you'd better do not leave
    your shell unless you absolutely have to :)

    I'll be posting speaker's ppt slides, which are useless unless you
    hear the the presentation.

    Joan wrote:
    > are you going to put the stuff on the web so we don't have to
    > drive over
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I found a company that's willing to sponsor my new Java Users
    > > Group, so
    > > I've opened the enrollment (it's free).
    > >
    > > We'll meet monthly meet monthly at 7:30PM, and the place is
    > > close to
    > > Princeton, NJ, USA. I've created a Yahoo group at
    > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrincetonJUG/ , and if you live
    > > in the
    > > area, join us! Just subscribe to this group to receive further
    > > announcements.
    > >
    > > I'm planning to have the first meeting in the beginning of
    > > December
    > > 2005. I'll be the first speaker (of course!) and will have a
    > > talk on
    > > using Java messaging in financial applications. But I'll be
    > > inviting
    > > other speakers for the future meetings
    > >
    > > If you're interested to speak at Princeton JUG in 2006, please
    > > contact
    > > me directly:
    > > yakov at weekendwithexperts.com
    > >
    > > If you've never heard about JUGs, please read my article at
    > > http://java.sys-con.com/read/49087.htm
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > > Yakov Fain
    > > http://www.weekendwithexperts.com

    , Nov 4, 2005
  4. Joan Guest

    How about a web broadcast kind of thing?
    PPT sometimes has useful content ;-)

    Joan, Nov 4, 2005
  5. Roedy Green Guest

    On 4 Nov 2005 07:05:51 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >You can't replace live networking with peers with online postings.
    >Seasoned Java developers fly over the country to attend conferences
    >and seminars NOT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO LISTEN TO SOME TECHNICAL
    >PRESENTATION, but because they want meet people.

    IF you ever get a chance to go to one of the Colorado Summit Java
    conferences GO.

    You will meet bright people from all over the world.

    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/coloradosummit.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Nov 5, 2005