    binary search method?

    Thanks
    Rooban

    rooban, Jun 11, 2004

  2. rooban

    Eric Sosman Guest

    rooban wrote:
    > Hi all I have designed a Image query and retrieval system based on
    > colour content. How can I create an algorithm based on quicksort and
    > binary search method?

    An algorithm to do ... what?

    If you merely have an urge to write yet another Quicksort
    implementation, it's a simple matter. If you have an urge to
    write a binary search, it's so simple that "an implementation"
    seems almost too important a term to use -- it's like saying
    you want to write "a for-loop implementation."

    But if you're trying to solve some kind of problem that
    involves searching a set of numerically-rated images (or any
    other objects), you should first explain why the classes of
    the Collection framework don't meet your needs.

    What are you trying to do, and why do you insist on using
    this particular set of tools?

    Eric Sosman, Jun 11, 2004