Image BMP

Romulo Carneiro

I want to read and write a image bmp,but i don't know, how CAN I GET
HEADER INFORMATION BITMAP ? THERE IS SOME INFORMATION THAT THE HEADER
SHOW US.FOR EXAMPLE, THE HEADER LET KNOW A SIZE OF IMAGE, HOW MUCH
COLORS(256,16..)AND OTHER THINGS. MY DIFFICULT IS GETTING THIS
INFORMATION TO WORK ON IMAGE.

Alexei A. Frounze

Romulo Carneiro said:
I want to read and write a image bmp,but i don't know, how CAN I GET
HEADER INFORMATION BITMAP ? THERE IS SOME INFORMATION THAT THE HEADER
SHOW US.FOR EXAMPLE, THE HEADER LET KNOW A SIZE OF IMAGE, HOW MUCH
COLORS(256,16..)AND OTHER THINGS. MY DIFFICULT IS GETTING THIS
INFORMATION TO WORK ON IMAGE.

You have a few problems:
- what you want is off topic in this group, dealing with the C programming
language and not file formats (try www.wotsit.org or something else for that
matter)
- your keyboard is broken (caps shift or shift gets stuck) or if this isn't
the case then:
- you're impolite at best, capitalization of your requests and questions
doesn't impress anyone rather lets everyone know what you really are of a
person

Alex

August Karlstrom

Romulo said:
I want to read and write a image bmp,but i don't know, how CAN I GET
HEADER INFORMATION BITMAP ? THERE IS SOME INFORMATION THAT THE HEADER
SHOW US.FOR EXAMPLE, THE HEADER LET KNOW A SIZE OF IMAGE, HOW MUCH
COLORS(256,16..)AND OTHER THINGS. MY DIFFICULT IS GETTING THIS
INFORMATION TO WORK ON IMAGE.

This is off topic in comp.lang.c. Google for `bmp file format' (and
please don't SHOUT).

August

Romulo Carneiro

Hi August,
my apology if my question is not right. My english is very poor. So,
the caps doesn't mean anything.I've just writen and i put it active
because I think the read is going better.
Therefore, I would like for help!
thanks!

Keith Thompson

Romulo Carneiro said:
Hi August,
my apology if my question is not right. My english is very poor. So,
the caps doesn't mean anything.I've just writen and i put it active
because I think the read is going better.
Therefore, I would like for help!
thanks!

groups.google.com makes it unnecessarily difficult to post proper
followups. Don't assume that your readers can see the article to
which you're responding; you need to provide some context.

Please complain to Google about their broken interface.

It's also a good idea to browse a newsgroup for a while before
posting. If you had done so, you would have seen the above advice;
it's been posted here over 1000 times.

For future reference, WRITING IN ALL CAPS makes your text more
difficult to read, and is generally considered to be the written
equivalent of shouting. Your English isn't a problem, as long as we
can figure out what you mean (you certainly write better in English
than I do in any language other than English).

As for your original question, you're not going to get an answer here,
because it really has nothing to do with the standard C programming
language, which is what we discuss here. You've already been given
some very good advice on how to get the answer (use Google and/or
www.wotsit.com).

Mike Wahler

Keith Thompson said:
As for your original question, you're not going to get an answer here,
because it really has nothing to do with the standard C programming
language, which is what we discuss here. You've already been given
some very good advice on how to get the answer (use Google and/or
www.wotsit.com).

Romulo:

Probably better than wotsit.org (Keith note the domain), for
authoritative information on the Microsoft Windows (I'm assuming
that's what you meant) bitmap formats (yes, there are more than
one), see www.msdn.microsoft.com

-Mike