image cache folder

Dave Slinn

I am writing a control that will dynically generate graphic images (.png
files) using the System.Drawing namespaces. I would like to save these
images to the hard drive so that later instances of the controls that need
that same 'type' of graphic can reuse it, instead of regenerating it each
time. Basically, I want to 'cache' the image for later use.

What's the best way for a web custom control to go about handling this -
given the fact that folder the images are stored to must be web folder so
they can be referenced by the web application.

Would it be better to just create a folder off the root of C: (or perhaps
read a folder path from a .config file or the registry), and then just rely
on the Web admin to setup a virtual folder to that folder....?