Image Cache question

Discussion in 'Java' started by pcouas, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. pcouas

    pcouas Guest

    Hi,

    I load image, GIF, JPEG and PNG created from an Servlet and it seems
    this folloing instruction don't use Cache, Could you confirm me ?
    bitmap= Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage( ap) ;

    PS
    ap is an URL

    So, i try this following code, but i could not add uc.disconnect() and
    that's seems not working with PGN file ?

    java.net.HttpURLConnection uc
    =(java.net.HttpURLConnection)(ap).openConnection();
    uc.setDefaultUseCaches(true); //Should force the use of caching,
    right?
    uc.setUseCaches(true); //Redundant, but I'll try anything.
    uc.connect();
    bitmap = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().createImage(prod);

    Regards
    Philippe
    pcouas, Feb 1, 2006