Image compression in VHDL

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by bhargava.ram, May 26, 2010.

?

hey tell me your solution works

  1. 10 %

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 70 %

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 90 %

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. what is this lame question????

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bhargava.ram

    bhargava.ram

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    I am currently working on a project which takes the DVI and VGA data using a codec extracts the 8 RGB information..
    Now I need to implement a compression technique so that I could successfully retain data but reducing the bandwidth limitation and reduced memory consumption size per frame..
    This compression is to be implemented in VHDL...
    My doubt is how to extract Luminance information from RGB data..
    also are there any algorithms that can be impleted in VHDL for JPEG data compression or for any other effective compression techniques....

    Please help I have to report very soon..
    bhargava.ram, May 26, 2010