image conversion

David McDivitt

I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate
JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Oliver Wong

David McDivitt said:
I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a
separate
JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

When I google for "java convert tiff to jpg" I get
http://www.catenary.com/howto/tif2jpeg.html

- Oliver

David McDivitt

Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:06:48 GMT

When I google for "java convert tiff to jpg" I get
http://www.catenary.com/howto/tif2jpeg.html

Thanks. I saw that, too. Some libraries must be purchased for it to work.

I've done a lot of image stuff with VB6, but not with java. Most of what I
found is dated 1996 and 1997 and pages aren't there anymore. Something more
current would be better.

Two promising URLs are:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2000/jw-0505-servlets.html
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-1998/jw-09-media.html

my google was:
(convert OR conversion) (image OR imaging) java -applet

Knute Johnson

David said:
I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate
JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Go to the website below and get the Java Image I/O Tools

https://jai-imageio.dev.java.net/

With that you can read and write TIFF images and use the ImageIO classes
to do it.

David McDivitt

Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:30:46 -0500

I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate
JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

The best URL I've found so far is:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=564585&tstart=210

Stefan Ram

I am working on a catalogue system that is intended to answer
such queries. It has a page for TIFF, indeed:

http://purl.net/stefan_ram/garnoo/XOCONCEPTXSNOTATIONXSYTYIYFYF

This page lists all systems that can read or write TIFF
known to the system.

For the convenience of readers who do not want to
visit the above page: The systems listed are:

- »Java Imaging Utilities« and
- »ImageJ«.

(This system can be extended by user data submitted in a
special text file format, details are available on request.)

Of course, there also is the well-known page by Marco Schmidt:

http://schmidt.devlib.org/java/image-io-libraries.html

Jeffrey H. Coffield

David said:
I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate
JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
This is not a pure java approach but I use Imagemagick on the server to
do any conversions needed between image file formats.

Jeff Coffield

Mladen Adamovic

David said:
I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate
JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I can recommend you ImageMagick.
There are Java API for it.