    JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
    are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
    from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
    David McDivitt, Jun 6, 2006

  2. David McDivitt

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "David McDivitt" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
    > conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a
    > separate
    > JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
    > are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
    > from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

    When I google for "java convert tiff to jpg" I get
    http://www.catenary.com/howto/tif2jpeg.html

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Jun 6, 2006

  3. >From: "Oliver Wong" <>
    >Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:06:48 GMT
    >
    >"David McDivitt" <> wrote in message
    >>I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
    >> conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a
    >> separate
    >> JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
    >> are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
    >> from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
    >>

    >When I google for "java convert tiff to jpg" I get
    >http://www.catenary.com/howto/tif2jpeg.html

    Thanks. I saw that, too. Some libraries must be purchased for it to work.

    I've done a lot of image stuff with VB6, but not with java. Most of what I
    found is dated 1996 and 1997 and pages aren't there anymore. Something more
    current would be better.

    Two promising URLs are:
    http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2000/jw-0505-servlets.html
    http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-1998/jw-09-media.html

    my google was:
    (convert OR conversion) (image OR imaging) java -applet
    David McDivitt, Jun 6, 2006
  4. David McDivitt wrote:
    > I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
    > conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate
    > JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
    > are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
    > from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

    Go to the website below and get the Java Image I/O Tools

    https://jai-imageio.dev.java.net/

    With that you can read and write TIFF images and use the ImageIO classes
    to do it.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute/
    Knute Johnson, Jun 6, 2006
  5. >From: David McDivitt <>
    >Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:30:46 -0500
    >
    >I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
    >conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate
    >JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
    >are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
    >from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

    The best URL I've found so far is:
    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=564585&tstart=210
    David McDivitt, Jun 6, 2006
  6. David McDivitt

    Stefan Ram Guest

    David McDivitt <> writes:
    >>I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
    >>conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate

    I am working on a catalogue system that is intended to answer
    such queries. It has a page for TIFF, indeed:

    http://purl.net/stefan_ram/garnoo/XOCONCEPTXSNOTATIONXSYTYIYFYF

    This page lists all systems that can read or write TIFF
    known to the system.

    For the convenience of readers who do not want to
    visit the above page: The systems listed are:

    - »Java Imaging Utilities« and
    - »ImageJ«.

    (This system can be extended by user data submitted in a
    special text file format, details are available on request.)

    Of course, there also is the well-known page by Marco Schmidt:

    http://schmidt.devlib.org/java/image-io-libraries.html
    Stefan Ram, Jun 6, 2006
  7. David McDivitt wrote:
    > I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
    > conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate
    > JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
    > are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
    > from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

    This is not a pure java approach but I use Imagemagick on the server to
    do any conversions needed between image file formats.

    Jeff Coffield
    Jeffrey H. Coffield, Jun 7, 2006
  8. David McDivitt wrote:
    > I need help finding what to download and install to do server-side image
    > conversion from TIFF to JPG. I want to read a TIFF file and write a separate
    > JPG file for each page. I updated my JRE to 1.4.2.12. Probably what I need
    > are a few examples that do something similar, then I can resolve classes
    > from there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

    I can recommend you ImageMagick.
    There are Java API for it.

    --
    Mladen Adamovic