Image download

Buz Waitz

For some reason, even though all of my jpgs and gifs download to IE with the
html on the stand alone server, and on computers within our peer-to-peer
lan; they do not all download to clients over the internet. I've check and
my scr specifications are identical. On the server, all the images are
located in the same directory with the same protections. Any suggestions???

Thanks

Buz Waitz

OK. But why would the firewall allow some images and not others. And what
port would I need to open / or what things do I need to do to get the images
through?

Thanks again,

Buz

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Buz Waitz,

Thanks for using Microsoft Newsgroup Service. Based on your description.
Some of the images you linked in your pages can't be downloaded to client
side, however some other in the same location and "src" specification
could. Please correct me if my understanding of your problem is not quite
exact.

Since all the images all in the same location and some can be loaed while
some can't. It does seem a bit strange.
Does the problem occur in a certain page or in every page that linked
those images?

Have you tried some other images or are there any differences on those
images can't be loaded to client from other images?

Would you try do the same test on another server or machine to see whether
the problem remain?

Please try the above suggestion and feel free to let me know if you need
any help.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Thomas Storey

You may also like to ensure that the src of the images does not link
directly to a file on the hard disk of the server, or to a computer over the
lan.

If you developed the web pages on a computer connected to the LAN, some of
the images may have a src of say \\server\share\dir\dir\image.jpg etc etc
which will work on the local LAN, but not over the internet.

Either that or they may have a link to a file on the loca server, such as
c:\whatever\image.jpg

I hope you understand what I mean.

Hope this helps.

Buz Waitz

Found it...had my relative URLs mixed up. Sorry. Thanks. Your tips helped me
track it down.

Buz Waitz

Found it. Had my relative URLs mixed up. Your tips helped me locate it.
Embarrasing!

Thanks