    my scr specifications are identical. On the server, all the images are
    located in the same directory with the same protections. Any suggestions???

    Thanks

    Buz Waitz, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Buz Waitz

    Natty Gur Guest

    Natty Gur, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Buz Waitz

    Buz Waitz Guest

    OK. But why would the firewall allow some images and not others. And what
    port would I need to open / or what things do I need to do to get the images
    through?

    Thanks again,

    Buz

    Buz Waitz, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Hi Buz Waitz,

    Thanks for using Microsoft Newsgroup Service. Based on your description.
    Some of the images you linked in your pages can't be downloaded to client
    side, however some other in the same location and "src" specification
    could. Please correct me if my understanding of your problem is not quite
    exact.

    Since all the images all in the same location and some can be loaed while
    some can't. It does seem a bit strange.
    Does the problem occur in a certain page or in every page that linked
    those images?

    Have you tried some other images or are there any differences on those
    images can't be loaded to client from other images?

    Would you try do the same test on another server or machine to see whether
    the problem remain?

    Please try the above suggestion and feel free to let me know if you need
    any help.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 2, 2004
  5. You may also like to ensure that the src of the images does not link
    directly to a file on the hard disk of the server, or to a computer over the
    lan.

    If you developed the web pages on a computer connected to the LAN, some of
    the images may have a src of say \\server\share\dir\dir\image.jpg etc etc
    which will work on the local LAN, but not over the internet.

    Either that or they may have a link to a file on the loca server, such as
    c:\whatever\image.jpg

    I hope you understand what I mean.

    Hope this helps.

    "Buz Waitz" <> wrote in message
    > For some reason, even though all of my jpgs and gifs download to IE with

    the

    Thomas Storey, Jan 2, 2004
  6. Buz Waitz

    Buz Waitz Guest

    Found it...had my relative URLs mixed up. Sorry. Thanks. Your tips helped me
    track it down.

    Buz Waitz, Jan 2, 2004
  7. Buz Waitz

    Buz Waitz Guest

    Found it. Had my relative URLs mixed up. Your tips helped me locate it.
    Embarrasing!

    Thanks

    Buz Waitz, Jan 2, 2004