Image File Not getting Deleted (IO Exception)

Aryan

Hi All,
I am creating an image(.gif) file on server Using ASP and ShotGraph
Third Party Tool, now with the help of this .gif image I am creating
another Thumbnail image in ASP.NET.
Now this newly created Thumbnail is been shown in ASP.NET page in
IFrame, I have delete Button in my ASP.NET page, Now on Click of this
Delete Button i want to delete both the images.
But I am not able to delete that .gif file which is been created by
ASP page using ShotGraph, it gives me IO Exception, it says that "files
is been used by another process".

So how can i delete this file from my ASP.NET code(i am using VB.NET as
code base).

Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance

Manoj Singh.

Winista

ASP.Net process is holding lock on the file. Or this ShowGraph is holding
lock on it. If you are using System.IO classes to read write files then make
sure that you call "Close" method on them to release the locks.