Image Gallery

Deepster

Hi all,

I have searched the internet for this but havent found what I am
looking for exactly, found similar items but I am not that familiar
with asp to go and do this myself. So here I am ....

I want a page where I will have an image gallery. The page when loaded
goes and grabs all the picutres in the directory and puts them into an
array, creating thumbnails for them as well (found this part in my
search).

After the thumbnails are loaded, I want the pictures to be loaded in
the same window, in a section underneath the thumbnails. Also Can I
scroll the thumbnails left or right on mouseover? not in a full circle
but left until the first one is encountered and right until the last
picuture is showed?

Has anyone seen or done anything similar and point me in the right
direction please.

Thank you.

Roland Hall

in message

:
: I want a page where I will have an image gallery. The page when loaded
: goes and grabs all the picutres in the directory and puts them into an
: array, creating thumbnails for them as well (found this part in my
: search).
:
: After the thumbnails are loaded, I want the pictures to be loaded in
: the same window, in a section underneath the thumbnails. Also Can I
: scroll the thumbnails left or right on mouseover? not in a full circle
: but left until the first one is encountered and right until the last
: picuture is showed?
:
: Has anyone seen or done anything similar and point me in the right
: direction please.

Go here:
http://rockintheplanet.com/
Click on "The Band"

Let me know if that is what you're referring to. I have two issues with the
page. One, I'm preloading the images before the rest of the page, which I
need to modify. Two, for some reason, the centering of the full image
sometimes does not center. If I put a delay in, it works. Too weird. I'll
have to revisit it when I've had some sleep.

If you're interested, contact me here: k.i.d.AT.n.e.t.1.DOT.n.e.t
Remove the dots first, convert the uppercase to proper symbols.
There is no charge for a non-commercial site. Just keep the copyright in
the code.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Deepster

Yes, very much similar to your page. Except that I am thinking that the
pics should be horizontal (should be easy to do i think) and instead of
scroll bars, i would like it do this automatically with onMouseOver or
similar function.

Thanks