Image Gallery

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Deepster, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. Deepster

    Deepster Guest

    Hi all,

    I have searched the internet for this but havent found what I am
    looking for exactly, found similar items but I am not that familiar
    with asp to go and do this myself. So here I am ....

    I want a page where I will have an image gallery. The page when loaded
    goes and grabs all the picutres in the directory and puts them into an
    array, creating thumbnails for them as well (found this part in my
    search).

    After the thumbnails are loaded, I want the pictures to be loaded in
    the same window, in a section underneath the thumbnails. Also Can I
    scroll the thumbnails left or right on mouseover? not in a full circle
    but left until the first one is encountered and right until the last
    picuture is showed?

    Has anyone seen or done anything similar and point me in the right
    direction please.

    Thank you.
    Deepster, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Deepster

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
    : I want a page where I will have an image gallery. The page when loaded
    : goes and grabs all the picutres in the directory and puts them into an
    : array, creating thumbnails for them as well (found this part in my
    : search).
    :
    : After the thumbnails are loaded, I want the pictures to be loaded in
    : the same window, in a section underneath the thumbnails. Also Can I
    : scroll the thumbnails left or right on mouseover? not in a full circle
    : but left until the first one is encountered and right until the last
    : picuture is showed?
    :
    : Has anyone seen or done anything similar and point me in the right
    : direction please.

    Go here:
    http://rockintheplanet.com/
    Click on "The Band"

    Let me know if that is what you're referring to. I have two issues with the
    page. One, I'm preloading the images before the rest of the page, which I
    need to modify. Two, for some reason, the centering of the full image
    sometimes does not center. If I put a delay in, it works. Too weird. I'll
    have to revisit it when I've had some sleep.

    If you're interested, contact me here: k.i.d.AT.n.e.t.1.DOT.n.e.t
    Remove the dots first, convert the uppercase to proper symbols.
    There is no charge for a non-commercial site. Just keep the copyright in
    the code.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    Roland Hall, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Deepster

    Deepster Guest

    Yes, very much similar to your page. Except that I am thinking that the
    pics should be horizontal (should be easy to do i think) and instead of
    scroll bars, i would like it do this automatically with onMouseOver or
    similar function.

    Thanks
    Deepster, Jan 26, 2005
  4. What about Jalbum at http://jalbum.net?

    Dave

    David Shorthouse, Jan 26, 2005
  5. Deepster

    qaz Guest

    I like JackKinfe: http://www.phpjk.com/

    qaz, Jan 26, 2005
  6. Deepster

    Deepster Guest

    Thank you Dave!
    There is one skin on this site that is exactly what I want.
    Deepster, Jan 26, 2005