    web application
    which we reterive from the clipboard..

    , Jan 23, 2007

  2. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > i am new to asp.net..
    > what user control in asp.net can we use to display the image in the
    > web application
    > which we reterive from the clipboard..

    Hmm - not sure what you mean exactly...

    ASP.NET is a server-side technology. That means, it runs on a webserver, and
    its main purpose is to create dynamic markup (HTML, JavaScript etc) to
    stream down to the client browser.

    Due to security implications, ASP.NET has (generally speaking) no way of
    interacting with the client machine other than to stream markup to a browser
    running on it.

    It certainly has no easy way of fetching a binary object such as a JPEG out
    of the client machine's clipboard...

    Can you explain a bit more about what you're trying to do here...?

    Mark Rae, Jan 23, 2007

  3. Clipboard is on client side where you operate with html and javascript
    rather than with asp.net. I am afraid you may have to shop for an ActiveX
    control capable of this. Or rethink your requirements.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 23, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > hi
    > i am new to asp.net..
    > what user control in asp.net can we use to display the image in the
    > web application
    > which we reterive from the clipboard..

    Funny question :)
    If you mean manipulate an image in a server side event handler and
    return it as a System.Drawing.Image directly to be rendered as the
    contents of your Image control you could use Gaia Ajax Widgets :)

    ..t

    --
    http://ajaxwidgets.com
    Free ASP.NET Ajax Widgets NOW!

    Thomas Hansen, Jan 23, 2007
  5. Theer are some client side tools that can be output via an asp.net page that
    will possibly take a ctrl/past of an image on the clipboard into a client
    side control - like freetext box http://freetextbox.com/

    Dot get confused between whats output to the client though, and what asp.net
    controls are and how they interact. Once its delivered as html its nothing
    to do with the server side technology that is asp.net

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog