image in asp.net

joypack

hi
i am new to asp.net..
what user control in asp.net can we use to display the image in the
web application
which we reterive from the clipboard..

Mark Rae

i am new to asp.net..
what user control in asp.net can we use to display the image in the
web application
which we reterive from the clipboard..

Hmm - not sure what you mean exactly...

ASP.NET is a server-side technology. That means, it runs on a webserver, and
its main purpose is to create dynamic markup (HTML, JavaScript etc) to
stream down to the client browser.

Due to security implications, ASP.NET has (generally speaking) no way of
interacting with the client machine other than to stream markup to a browser
running on it.

It certainly has no easy way of fetching a binary object such as a JPEG out
of the client machine's clipboard...

Can you explain a bit more about what you're trying to do here...?

Thomas Hansen

hi
i am new to asp.net..
what user control in asp.net can we use to display the image in the
web application
which we reterive from the clipboard..

Funny question :)
If you mean manipulate an image in a server side event handler and
return it as a System.Drawing.Image directly to be rendered as the
contents of your Image control you could use Gaia Ajax Widgets :)

..t

John Timney \(MVP\)

Theer are some client side tools that can be output via an asp.net page that
will possibly take a ctrl/past of an image on the clipboard into a client
side control - like freetext box http://freetextbox.com/

Dot get confused between whats output to the client though, and what asp.net
controls are and how they interact. Once its delivered as html its nothing
to do with the server side technology that is asp.net

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog