image map

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jeff Thies, Feb 9, 2014.

  1. Jeff Thies

    Jeff Thies Guest

    I had a project that could have used an image map, I haven't used an
    image map since the 90's.

    I ran across some info that some mobile browsers can have trouble
    mapping when the image/page is resized:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_map

    A more modern approach is to overlay links on an image using CSS
    absolute positioning; however, this only supports rectangular clickable
    areas. This CSS technique may be suitable for making an image map work
    properly on iPhones, which can fail to rescale pure HTML image maps
    correctly.

    So, I went with the transparent overlay.

    Does anyone have any further info on image maps and this kind of issue?

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Feb 9, 2014