image map

Jeff Thies

I had a project that could have used an image map, I haven't used an
image map since the 90's.

I ran across some info that some mobile browsers can have trouble
mapping when the image/page is resized:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_map

A more modern approach is to overlay links on an image using CSS
absolute positioning; however, this only supports rectangular clickable
areas. This CSS technique may be suitable for making an image map work
properly on iPhones, which can fail to rescale pure HTML image maps
correctly.

So, I went with the transparent overlay.

Does anyone have any further info on image maps and this kind of issue?

Jeff