[image] Optimize image load

Blaise

I was wondering if someon had a link / idea how to optimize a load of
a tiff image, which loaded in my soft take over 400 MB.
In fact i'm seaking for a way to load an image part by part, such as
dividing the image into 4 smaller images and to load them one after
the other.

Thanks for answering

Paul Lutus

Blaise said:
I was wondering if someon had a link / idea how to optimize a load of
a tiff image, which loaded in my soft take over 400 MB.
In fact i'm seaking for a way to load an image part by part, such as
dividing the image into 4 smaller images and to load them one after
the other.

That's trivial(*). What is not trivial is figuring out why you don't know
that cross-posting to a long list of newsgroups is almost always
unjustified.

* use a file reader that supports random access (ex. RandomAccessFile), and
set the pointer farther forward in the file on each download. Read only as
many bytes as you need, then close the stream.

Roedy Green

I was wondering if someon had a link / idea how to optimize a load of
a tiff image, which loaded in my soft take over 400 MB.
In fact i'm seaking for a way to load an image part by part, such as
dividing the image into 4 smaller images and to load them one after
the other.

Making it into smaller images won't help it load any faster unless you
have multiple CPUs. You could use a program like Paint Shop Pro to
just break the image into four files and glue them together again for
display.

If you tried that with JPGs you would discover that each piece used a
slightly different colour bias as a side effect of the compression.
It is not noticeable when you see images in isolation.

Blaise

Paul Lutus said:
That's trivial(*). What is not trivial is figuring out why you don't know
that cross-posting to a long list of newsgroups is almost always
unjustified.

* use a file reader that supports random access (ex. RandomAccessFile), and
set the pointer farther forward in the file on each download. Read only as
many bytes as you need, then close the stream.

Thanks, sorry for the crosss posting i've read Usenet rules just after posting ...