    dividing the image into 4 smaller images and to load them one after
    the other.

    Thanks for answering

    Blaise, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Blaise

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Blaise wrote:

    > I was wondering if someon had a link / idea how to optimize a load of
    > a tiff image, which loaded in my soft take over 400 MB.
    > In fact i'm seaking for a way to load an image part by part, such as
    > dividing the image into 4 smaller images and to load them one after
    > the other.

    That's trivial(*). What is not trivial is figuring out why you don't know
    that cross-posting to a long list of newsgroups is almost always
    unjustified.

    * use a file reader that supports random access (ex. RandomAccessFile), and
    set the pointer farther forward in the file on each download. Read only as
    many bytes as you need, then close the stream.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

    Paul Lutus, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Blaise

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 6 Oct 2003 07:52:08 -0700, (Blaise) wrote or
    quoted :

    >I was wondering if someon had a link / idea how to optimize a load of
    >a tiff image, which loaded in my soft take over 400 MB.
    >In fact i'm seaking for a way to load an image part by part, such as
    >dividing the image into 4 smaller images and to load them one after
    >the other.

    Making it into smaller images won't help it load any faster unless you
    have multiple CPUs. You could use a program like Paint Shop Pro to
    just break the image into four files and glue them together again for
    display.

    If you tried that with JPGs you would discover that each piece used a
    slightly different colour bias as a side effect of the compression.
    It is not noticeable when you see images in isolation.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Blaise

    Blaise Guest

    Paul Lutus <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Blaise wrote:
    >
    > > I was wondering if someon had a link / idea how to optimize a load of
    > > a tiff image, which loaded in my soft take over 400 MB.
    > > In fact i'm seaking for a way to load an image part by part, such as
    > > dividing the image into 4 smaller images and to load them one after
    > > the other.

    > That's trivial(*). What is not trivial is figuring out why you don't know
    > that cross-posting to a long list of newsgroups is almost always
    > unjustified.
    >
    > * use a file reader that supports random access (ex. RandomAccessFile), and
    > set the pointer farther forward in the file on each download. Read only as
    > many bytes as you need, then close the stream.

    Thanks, sorry for the crosss posting i've read Usenet rules just after posting ...

    Blaise, Oct 7, 2003