Image orientation changes

Discussion in 'HTML' started by jibbajibba, Aug 29, 2007.

  1. jibbajibba

    jibbajibba Guest

    Hi,

    I have written a page that recreates a tarot card reading using drag
    and drop. It's all well and good but one last thing is bothering me.
    In a Celtic cross tarot card reading there is a card that crosses the
    signifer. What this means in web page terms is that I need to be able
    to display an image at a different orientation. Rather than have the
    image top pointing upwards I need the top of the image to point left.
    Now as this image can be any one of the cards in the deck I don't want
    to recreate each of them as a different version with the correct
    orientation I want to use the same image but adjust the orientation on
    the page.

    Ideally I would also like to use some sort of drag animation for the
    card back when I deal (drag) a card onto this position (currently I
    use an alternate image with the card back rotated 90 degrees)

    Anyone seen anything that can achieve this ?

    Thanks in advance
    jibbajibba, Aug 29, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. jibbajibba wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have written a page that recreates a tarot card reading using drag
    > and drop. It's all well and good but one last thing is bothering me.
    > In a Celtic cross tarot card reading there is a card that crosses the
    > signifer. What this means in web page terms is that I need to be able
    > to display an image at a different orientation. Rather than have the
    > image top pointing upwards I need the top of the image to point left.
    > Now as this image can be any one of the cards in the deck I don't want
    > to recreate each of them as a different version with the correct
    > orientation I want to use the same image but adjust the orientation on
    > the page.
    >
    > Ideally I would also like to use some sort of drag animation for the
    > card back when I deal (drag) a card onto this position (currently I
    > use an alternate image with the card back rotated 90 degrees)
    >
    > Anyone seen anything that can achieve this ?


    Not in HTML, use flash...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 29, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Aug 29, 1:18 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    wrote:
    > > Anyone seen anything that can achieve this ?

    > Not in HTML, use flash...


    I'm sitting in hell and suddenly it starts snowing... ;-)
    Travis Newbury, Aug 29, 2007
    #3
  4. jibbajibba

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:46:11 GMT
    Travis Newbury scribed:

    > On Aug 29, 1:18 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    > wrote:
    >> > Anyone seen anything that can achieve this ?

    >> Not in HTML, use flash...

    >
    > I'm sitting in hell and suddenly it starts snowing... ;-)


    I think he was bit by a rabid Ibizan.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.
    Neredbojias, Aug 30, 2007
    #4
  5. Travis Newbury wrote:
    > On Aug 29, 1:18 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    > wrote:
    >>> Anyone seen anything that can achieve this ?

    >> Not in HTML, use flash...

    >
    > I'm sitting in hell and suddenly it starts snowing... ;-)
    >


    I'm not against flash all together--what OP wants is some fancy
    animation which flash is far better suited than HTML+JavaScript. Use
    flash. What I object to is flash used to make a general site where HTML
    is better suited.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 30, 2007
    #5
  6. jibbajibba

    jibbajibba Guest

    Thanks for the help guys. I don't want to use FLASH (it's a bit of
    overkill just to rotate one image) but I have found a php snippet that
    might work or apparently for IE only there is a rotate property on the
    BasicImage object so I might be able to compromise and allow the IE
    guys to see the whole thing and everyone else to see a slightly
    different screen (if the php doesn;t work)

    Thanks for your help though.
    jibbajibba, Aug 30, 2007
    #6
  7. On Aug 29, 9:34 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    wrote:
    > >> Not in HTML, use flash...

    > > I'm sitting in hell and suddenly it starts snowing... ;-)

    > I'm not against flash all together...


    I just get all excited when someone other than myself says something
    like that.
    Travis Newbury, Aug 30, 2007
    #7
  8. Scripsit Travis Newbury:

    > On Aug 29, 9:34 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    > wrote:
    >>>> Not in HTML, use flash...
    >>> I'm sitting in hell and suddenly it starts snowing... ;-)

    >> I'm not against flash all together...

    >
    > I just get all excited when someone other than myself says something
    > like that.


    They don't mean it - they just say so to get you excited, and then...

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 30, 2007
    #8
  9. On Aug 30, 5:27 am, "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:
    > > I just get all excited when someone other than myself says something
    > > like that.

    > They don't mean it - they just say so to get you excited, and then...


    Damn, just like my wife...
    Travis Newbury, Aug 30, 2007
    #9
  10. Scripsit Travis Newbury:

    > On Aug 30, 5:27 am, "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:
    >>> I just get all excited when someone other than myself says something
    >>> like that.

    >> They don't mean it - they just say so to get you excited, and then...

    >
    > Damn, just like my wife...


    Wife? Since when are alt.html'ers allowed to have a wife? Or life?

    PS: Travis, email to your address bounces back.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 30, 2007
    #10
  11. jibbajibba wrote:
    > Thanks for the help guys. I don't want to use FLASH (it's a bit of
    > overkill just to rotate one image) but I have found a php snippet that
    > might work or apparently for IE only there is a rotate property on the
    > BasicImage object so I might be able to compromise and allow the IE
    > guys to see the whole thing and everyone else to see a slightly
    > different screen (if the php doesn;t work)
    >


    BasicImage object????? HTML????

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 30, 2007
    #11
  12. jibbajibba

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <Xns999BBA1F6C253nanopandaneredbojias@198.186.190.161>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:46:11 GMT
    > Travis Newbury scribed:
    >
    > > On Aug 29, 1:18 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >> > Anyone seen anything that can achieve this ?
    > >> Not in HTML, use flash...

    > >
    > > I'm sitting in hell and suddenly it starts snowing... ;-)

    >
    > I think he was bit by a rabid Ibizan.


    Here we go again! Flash is mentioned and _the big point_ will
    come up of course: Use Flash where appropriate and not when not
    appropriate. Travis even claps the use of this moronic truism.
    Poor Jonathan, making initially a perfectly good point, is drawn
    into a little merry go around not of his making. You Boji just
    blunder in not realising the seriousness of the mess we are in.

    (Richard.... piss off).

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 31, 2007
    #12
  13. jibbajibba

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 31 Aug 2007 04:28:04
    GMT dorayme scribed:

    >> >> > Anyone seen anything that can achieve this ?
    >> >> Not in HTML, use flash...
    >> >
    >> > I'm sitting in hell and suddenly it starts snowing... ;-)

    >>
    >> I think he was bit by a rabid Ibizan.

    >
    > Here we go again! Flash is mentioned and _the big point_ will
    > come up of course: Use Flash where appropriate and not when not
    > appropriate. Travis even claps the use of this moronic truism.
    > Poor Jonathan, making initially a perfectly good point, is drawn
    > into a little merry go around not of his making. You Boji just
    > blunder in not realising the seriousness of the mess we are in.
    >
    > (Richard.... piss off).


    Actually, I think "Poor Jonathan" is as screwy as you. But it matters
    little outside of newsgroupland. (Get it? -little/Little) In the scope of
    a realistic world, the only time the big point truly comes up is when I
    contemplate a whisker biscuit.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.
    Neredbojias, Aug 31, 2007
    #13
  14. On Aug 31, 12:28 am, dorayme <> wrote:
    > Here we go again! Flash is mentioned and _the big point_ will
    > come up of course: Use Flash where appropriate and not when not
    > appropriate. Travis even claps the use of this moronic truism.


    And dorayme will bitch about it in the usual "i'm pms'ing again"
    fashion...
    Travis Newbury, Aug 31, 2007
    #14
  15. jibbajibba

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Aug 31, 12:28 am, dorayme <> wrote:
    > > Here we go again! Flash is mentioned and _the big point_ will
    > > come up of course: Use Flash where appropriate and not when not
    > > appropriate. Travis even claps the use of this moronic truism.

    >
    > And dorayme will bitch about it in the usual "i'm pms'ing again"
    > fashion...


    Is it my fault that this never comes at a monthly mid cycle point?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 31, 2007
    #15
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Ben

    Set doc orientation?

    Ben, Jan 5, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    387
  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbiBa?=

    DataGrid orientation?

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbiBa?=, Apr 28, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    701
    Alvin Bruney [MVP]
    Apr 28, 2004
  3. Joeyej
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    8,027
    Joeyej
    Jun 4, 2004
  4. Yelena Kaplun
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    5,161
    Yelena Kaplun
    Jan 19, 2005
  5. Replies:
    5
    Views:
    887
Loading...

Share This Page