    Thank you very muc
    -
    ftgo

    ftgow, Jun 9, 2004

  2. ftgow

    Jeff Thies Guest

    > What i desperatly need to know is how experianced web designers go about
    > addiing images and other things (such as tables) so they reach the
    > direct edges of the screen, as opposed to offseting a little bit. For
    > instance the Web Design Forum grreen images is showing this.

    Roughly...

    Setting margins and padding to 0 (in your stylesheet) and not having any
    whitespace between your "thing" and it's container.

    There's some odd properties for old browsers like NS4, but who cares about
    a few pixels in such a piece of antiquity.

    Whether you really need to set padding or to be carefull of whitespace will
    depend on the element. Can't see where it woud hurt. And of course, do that
    in your stylesheet instead of inlining as I've done.

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jun 10, 2004