Image positioning.

ftgow

What i desperatly need to know is how experianced web designers go abou
addiing images and other things (such as tables) so they reach th
direct edges of the screen, as opposed to offseting a little bit. Fo
instance the Web Design Forum grreen images is showing this.

Thank you very muc
-
ftgo

Jeff Thies

What i desperatly need to know is how experianced web designers go about
addiing images and other things (such as tables) so they reach the
direct edges of the screen, as opposed to offseting a little bit. For
instance the Web Design Forum grreen images is showing this.

Roughly...

Setting margins and padding to 0 (in your stylesheet) and not having any
whitespace between your "thing" and it's container.

There's some odd properties for old browsers like NS4, but who cares about
a few pixels in such a piece of antiquity.

Whether you really need to set padding or to be carefull of whitespace will
depend on the element. Can't see where it woud hurt. And of course, do that
in your stylesheet instead of inlining as I've done.

Jeff