Image Preloader

sean.f.duffy

Hi!
I am an effectivebrand.com toolbar user and would love to add a
preloader to my toolbar, but am having problems doing this.

Is it possible to have javascript look at the URL of a webpage, then
follow links on that page, looking for images within that website (say
one page deep). Once found, could the images be preloaded into the
browser cache?

Many thanks for your help!

Sean.

VK

Hi!
I am an effectivebrand.com toolbar user and would love to add a
preloader to my toolbar, but am having problems doing this.

Is it possible to have javascript look at the URL of a webpage, then
follow links on that page, looking for images within that website (say
one page deep). Once found, could the images be preloaded into the
browser cache?

It is possible using AJAX (presuming that you are currently on the page
of the question, because AJAX cannot make cross-domain scripting).

But the working code would be an all new and rather labor intensive
solution. It is not some few lines hint.

Look at <http://www.ajaxtoolbox.com> for inspiration

sean.f.duffy

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I haven't got a clue about Javascript (or Ajax), so I
wouldn't be able to do this myself.

I posted in the off chance that someone had seen a script of this
nature. Never mind.

Thanks for your help. It's appreciated.
Sean.