    Does perl has any image processing related applications in use.

    ChEeRs,
    jis

    jis, Sep 14, 2007

  2. jis

    Narthring Guest

    On Sep 13, 10:03 pm, jis <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to detect or identify objects on an image.
    > Does perl has any image processing related applications in use.
    >
    > ChEeRs,
    > jis

    Take a look at ImageMagick. It is a program that has a Perl
    interface. You can use it to read an image into an array in Perl and
    then detect or identify the objects based on pixel color.

    Narthring, Sep 14, 2007

  3. jis

    Bill H Guest

    On Sep 13, 11:03 pm, jis <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to detect or identify objects on an image.
    > Does perl has any image processing related applications in use.
    >
    > ChEeRs,
    > jis

    Image magick would allow you to convert the image to a standard format
    that you could then look at with perl. Curious - what would you be
    looking for in the image? shapes? colors?

    Bill H

    Bill H, Sep 14, 2007
  4. jis

    jis Guest

    On Sep 14, 1:24 pm, Bill H <> wrote:
    > On Sep 13, 11:03 pm, jis <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I want to detect or identify objects on an image.
    > > Does perl has any image processing related applications in use.

    > > ChEeRs,
    > > jis

    > Image magick would allow you to convert the image to a standard format
    > that you could then look at with perl. Curious - what would you be
    > looking for in the image? shapes? colors?
    >
    > Bill H

    I have a defined format. I want to find out if the given format
    matches the defined format. Mostly it is text. sometimes images too
    come.
    But I always have white background and black text on it.
    Challenge is even I have to find out even printing spills.

    Do you have more inputs. I am starting from zero. How about Prima? Is
    that good enough for a try?

    Cheers,
    Jis

    jis, Sep 15, 2007