image processing program in C or C++

stonny

Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++. I need to change some
image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such as edge detection,
mathematical morphology.

Is there any place that I can download some open source program to
release my load?

Many Thanks

Dexin

Phlip

stonny said:
Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++.
Why?

I need to change some image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such
as edge detection, mathematical morphology.

Probably not, but I would Google for [chaincode OCR open source]. That's
where such things are typically used. I think I got one of them working,
once.
Is there any place that I can download some open source program to release
my load?

When requesting a web search, always report your experiences with Google, so
we will know what you couldn't use.

MattB

stonny said:
Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++. I need to change some
image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such as edge detection,
mathematical morphology.

Is there any place that I can download some open source program to
release my load?

Many Thanks

Dexin

Lti-Lib is a free library that has classes for both morphology and edge
detection (not sure how good). It can be found here:
http://ltilib.sourceforge.net/doc/homepage/index.shtml

Regards.

sg71.cherub

openCV, as far as I know, can do many well known image processing
tasks. e.g. CANNY for edge detection. However, I dont think you want to
rewrite nearly all the codes...... Can I ask why you want to abandond
MATLAB?

RKS

openCV, as far as I know, can do many well known image processing
tasks. e.g. CANNY for edge detection. However, I dont think you want to
rewrite nearly all the codes...... Can I ask why you want to abandond
MATLAB?
I think Intel IPL is also free download. Not sure if it is opensource.
You can try OpenGL too. It may be a overkill but I am sure it has most
of image processing algorithms.
Anyway in my opinion, new MATLAB alogorithms are way more efficient
than their previous versions. (Signal processing toolbox for example).
RKS

Phlip

RKS said:
You can try OpenGL too. It may be a overkill but I am sure it has most
of image processing algorithms.

Input? OpenGL strikes me as a driver for rendered output...

Jerry Coffin

Input? OpenGL strikes me as a driver for rendered output...

OpenGL does provide some capabilities that can be used to implement
image processing. For example, some forms of edge detection are pretty
easy to implement.

One good point is that such an implementation tends to be quite fast
since it runs on dedicated graphics hardware (on a system that has it,
of course). The bad point is that unless you really need that speed or
are using OpenGL for other purposes, chances are this is going to be a
relatively difficult way to do the job. Along with coding the algorithm
itself, you have to learn all the OpenGL "stuff" that applies -- and
image processing is rarely (if ever) one of the first topics an OpenGL
book will cover either.

Phlip

Jerry said:
...image processing is rarely (if ever) one of the first topics an OpenGL
book will cover either.

Point: I never got past those first topics. ;-)

mlimber

Phlip said:

To make it marketable?
I need to change some image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such
as edge detection, mathematical morphology.

Probably not, but I would Google for [chaincode OCR open source]. That's
where such things are typically used. I think I got one of them working,
once.

There are plenty of other places where such things are used besides
OCR.
When requesting a web search, always report your experiences with Google, so
we will know what you couldn't use.

Agreed.

Cheers! --M