    release my load?

    Many Thanks

    Dexin

    stonny, Aug 31, 2006

  2. stonny

    mlimber Guest

    stonny wrote:
    > Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++. I need to change some
    > image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such as edge detection,
    > mathematical morphology.
    >
    > Is there any place that I can download some open source program to
    > release my load?

    See http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/class-libraries.html#faq-37.9
    for some links to libraries.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Aug 31, 2006

  3. stonny

    Phlip Guest

    stonny wrote:

    > Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++.

    Why?

    > I need to change some image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such
    > as edge detection, mathematical morphology.

    Probably not, but I would Google for [chaincode OCR open source]. That's
    where such things are typically used. I think I got one of them working,
    once.

    > Is there any place that I can download some open source program to release
    > my load?

    When requesting a web search, always report your experiences with Google, so
    we will know what you couldn't use.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Aug 31, 2006
  4. stonny

    MattB Guest

    stonny wrote:
    > Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++. I need to change some
    > image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such as edge detection,
    > mathematical morphology.
    >
    > Is there any place that I can download some open source program to
    > release my load?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Dexin

    Lti-Lib is a free library that has classes for both morphology and edge
    detection (not sure how good). It can be found here:
    http://ltilib.sourceforge.net/doc/homepage/index.shtml

    Regards.

    MattB, Sep 1, 2006
  5. stonny

    Guest

    openCV, as far as I know, can do many well known image processing
    tasks. e.g. CANNY for edge detection. However, I dont think you want to
    rewrite nearly all the codes...... Can I ask why you want to abandond
    MATLAB?

    stonny wrote:
    > Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++. I need to change some
    > image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such as edge detection,
    > mathematical morphology.
    >
    > Is there any place that I can download some open source program to
    > release my load?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Dexin

    , Sep 1, 2006
  6. stonny

    RKS Guest

    wrote:
    > openCV, as far as I know, can do many well known image processing
    > tasks. e.g. CANNY for edge detection. However, I dont think you want to
    > rewrite nearly all the codes...... Can I ask why you want to abandond
    > MATLAB?

    I think Intel IPL is also free download. Not sure if it is opensource.
    You can try OpenGL too. It may be a overkill but I am sure it has most
    of image processing algorithms.
    Anyway in my opinion, new MATLAB alogorithms are way more efficient
    than their previous versions. (Signal processing toolbox for example).
    RKS

    RKS, Sep 1, 2006
  7. stonny

    Phlip Guest

    RKS wrote:

    > You can try OpenGL too. It may be a overkill but I am sure it has most
    > of image processing algorithms.

    Input? OpenGL strikes me as a driver for rendered output...

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Sep 1, 2006
  8. stonny

    Jerry Coffin Guest

    In article <4iXJg.238$>,
    says...
    > RKS wrote:
    >
    > > You can try OpenGL too. It may be a overkill but I am sure it has most
    > > of image processing algorithms.

    > Input? OpenGL strikes me as a driver for rendered output...

    OpenGL does provide some capabilities that can be used to implement
    image processing. For example, some forms of edge detection are pretty
    easy to implement.

    One good point is that such an implementation tends to be quite fast
    since it runs on dedicated graphics hardware (on a system that has it,
    of course). The bad point is that unless you really need that speed or
    are using OpenGL for other purposes, chances are this is going to be a
    relatively difficult way to do the job. Along with coding the algorithm
    itself, you have to learn all the OpenGL "stuff" that applies -- and
    image processing is rarely (if ever) one of the first topics an OpenGL
    book will cover either.

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.

    Jerry Coffin, Sep 1, 2006
  9. stonny

    Phlip Guest

    Jerry Coffin wrote:

    > ...image processing is rarely (if ever) one of the first topics an OpenGL
    > book will cover either.

    Point: I never got past those first topics. ;-)

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Sep 1, 2006
  10. stonny

    mlimber Guest

    Phlip wrote:
    > stonny wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++.

    > Why?

    To make it marketable?

    > > I need to change some image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such
    > > as edge detection, mathematical morphology.

    > Probably not, but I would Google for [chaincode OCR open source]. That's
    > where such things are typically used. I think I got one of them working,
    > once.

    There are plenty of other places where such things are used besides
    OCR.

    > > Is there any place that I can download some open source program to release
    > > my load?

    > When requesting a web search, always report your experiences with Google, so
    > we will know what you couldn't use.

    Agreed.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Sep 1, 2006