    suggestions?
    Thank!
    Li Han

    Li Han, Jan 6, 2009

  2. "Li Han" <>wrote:

    > Hi! I know little about the computer image processing, and now I have
    > a fancy problem which is how to read the time from the picture of a
    > clock by programming ? Is there anyone who can give me some
    > suggestions?

    When the big hand is on the twelve, and the little hand is on the eight,
    it is eight O'clock...

    :)

    - Hendrik

    Hendrik van Rooyen, Jan 6, 2009

  3. Li Han

    Guest

    , Jan 6, 2009
  4. Li Han

    Dotan Cohen Guest

    This was just mentioned on the KDE bugtracker:
    http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/FaceDetection

    --
    Dotan Cohen

    http://what-is-what.com
    http://gibberish.co.il

    ×-ב-×’-ד-×”-ו-×–-×—-ט-×™-ך-×›-ל-×-מ-ן-× -ס-×¢-×£-פ-×¥-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
    ا-ب-ت-Ø«-ج-Ø­-Ø®-د-Ø°-ر-ز-س-Ø´-ص-ض-Ø·-ظ-ع-غ-Ù-Ù‚-Ùƒ-Ù„-Ù…-Ù†-Ù‡â€-Ùˆ-ÙŠ
    Ð-Б-Ð’-Г-Д-Е-Ð-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-Ðœ-Ð-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Ð¥-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
    а-б-в-г-д-е-Ñ‘-ж-з-и-й-к-л-м-н-о-п-Ñ€-Ñ-Ñ‚-у-Ñ„-Ñ…-ц-ч-ш-щ-ÑŠ-Ñ‹-ÑŒ-Ñ-ÑŽ-Ñ
    ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

    Dotan Cohen, Jan 6, 2009
  5. Li Han <> writes:

    > Hi! I know little about the computer image processing, and now I have
    > a fancy problem which is how to read the time from the picture of a
    > clock by programming ? Is there anyone who can give me some
    > suggestions?
    > Thank!
    > Li Han

    I do work in object recognition, and I would classify this as a rather
    difficult problem. Not impossible of course, but you'll need some OCR to
    read the clock face and some sort of magnitude vector feature to tell
    which hand is which and the "general direction" is is pointing in.

    Also, depends if we're talking digital clocks or analog. :)

    The other problem is one of accuracy: depending on your input image,
    even slight variances can change your results.

    I'm curious as to what application the solution to this problem is
    practical for all of its difficulty?

    J Kenneth King, Jan 6, 2009
  6. Li Han

    Li Han Guest

    On 1ÔÂ7ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç4ʱ14·Ö, J Kenneth King <> wrote:
    > I'm curious as to what application the solution to this problem is
    > practical for all of its difficulty?

    Sorry, I oversimplified the question because of my poor english. It is
    an analog compass whose value we need to read into the computer every
    second. We use a video camera keep shooting it, and the compass and
    camera are fixed.
    --
    Li Han

    Li Han, Jan 7, 2009
  7. Li Han

    Joe Strout Guest

    Li Han wrote:

    > Sorry, I oversimplified the question because of my poor english. It is
    > an analog compass whose value we need to read into the computer every
    > second. We use a video camera keep shooting it, and the compass and
    > camera are fixed.

    If you have any choice about it, it would be greatly simpler, cheaper,
    and more effective to throw out the camera and analog compass, and use
    an electronic compass instead. These are affordable and work quite well
    provided you keep them level (the same constraint you have with an
    old-fashioned compass too). You can make some simple interface
    hardware, or spend a bit more for something with a USB or serial
    interface built in, like this:
    <http://www.oceanserver-store.com/osevkitsorus.html>

    Best,
    - Joe