    stream as a jpg file displayed on an aspx file?
    i know there were com components for ASP to do this, like ASPImage, but
    cannot install custom components on my server.

    Harley, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Harley

    Krissy Guest

    "Harley" <harleyobrien%40hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > is there any way to manipulate images in vb.net in asp.net?
    > i have a 280x280pixel jpg file, and want to display it in 2 sizes, 280x280
    > and 70x70... without having to create 2 files... (actually there are some
    > 100s files, dont want to duplicate them...)
    > any way to use an image class or something to resample the image and get

    the
    > stream as a jpg file displayed on an aspx file?
    > i know there were com components for ASP to do this, like ASPImage, but
    > cannot install custom components on my server.

    You probably want something like this:

    http://aspalliance.com/chrisg/default.asp?article=130

    Use the single thumbnail browser and adapt to code to take in parameters for
    the sizes you want.

    I used something similar for a photo gallery site, it works fine and the
    images look really good :)

    But be careful with .bmp and .png files, they can have problems displaying
    on a page.

    See http://aspalliance.com/chrisg/default.asp?article=152 for more info.

    Krissy, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Harley

    Krissy Guest

    "Krissy" <> wrote in message

    > "Harley" <harleyobrien%40hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > is there any way to manipulate images in vb.net in asp.net?
    > > i have a 280x280pixel jpg file, and want to display it in 2 sizes,

    280x280
    > > and 70x70... without having to create 2 files... (actually there are

    some
    > > 100s files, dont want to duplicate them...)
    > > any way to use an image class or something to resample the image and get

    > the
    > > stream as a jpg file displayed on an aspx file?
    > > i know there were com components for ASP to do this, like ASPImage, but
    > > cannot install custom components on my server.
    > >

    > You probably want something like this:
    >
    > http://aspalliance.com/chrisg/default.asp?article=130
    >
    > Use the single thumbnail browser and adapt to code to take in parameters

    for
    > the sizes you want.
    >
    > I used something similar for a photo gallery site, it works fine and the
    > images look really good :)
    >
    > But be careful with .bmp and .png files, they can have problems displaying
    > on a page.
    >
    > See http://aspalliance.com/chrisg/default.asp?article=152 for more info.

    On a side note I was initially using an image component, but stopped as the
    company never replied to our emails about the product, so a bit of searching
    around saved us $500 for a component by doing the coding ourselves :)

    Krissy, Aug 7, 2003
  4. You can do anything with ASP.Net that you can do with any other programming
    technology. To manipulate images, use the System.Drawing namespace.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP