Image/resource caching question

Scott Simes

Note: I posted this on the caching ng but no one responded...

I'm using ASP.NET and C#.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to set the expiration date or the
last modified date for certain documents that get streamed to the user's
browser. For example, I use the following HTML to link a stylesheet to an
ASPX document:

LINK href="menuStyle.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

I want the .css file that gets written to the user's browser to expire in
one day, so that a fresh style sheet is obtained the next day.

The same goes for certain images, such as JPG and GIF files.

Ideally, I want to be able to control image expiration on an image-by-image
basis; the same goes for the css files.

Any ideas would be appreciated.