    I went to Flashkit and couldn't find anything (maybe I don't know what
    to look for though)

    Thanks
    david, Oct 21, 2003

  2. david

    alt255 Guest

    david <> wrote in
    news::

    > Ok, I have asked this question before and went looking around the web
    > for answers and still I am stumped. Here is what I have.
    >
    > I have a button that causes an image rollover change. Simple enough,
    > but what I want is when the button is rolled over - I want the .jpg
    > image to change to a FLASH movie.
    >
    > So the HOME up button shows a picture of a house
    > When the user passes the mouse over the home button, it changes the
    > picture of the HOME to a FLASH movie.
    >
    > This is not a simple rollover button move, this is an image rollover.
    > This is a bit confusing I think, so I am trying to make it as clear as
    > possible.
    >
    > I went to Flashkit and couldn't find anything (maybe I don't know what
    > to look for though)
    >
    > Thanks

    You could use javascript, look around for mouseover scripts that change an
    image elsewhere on the page, then instead of a second jpg just point to the
    flash.

    also you should consider having the flash movies preload to the browser
    cache, in the background after the html and pics have loaded, otherwise
    people will have to wait for the flash to download from the server before
    the animation will start.

    hope this helps

    alt255

    ---------------------
    alt255.blackangel.net
    ---------------------
    The Almighty Tallest.
    ---------------------
    alt255, Oct 21, 2003

  3. david

    david Guest

    >You could use javascript, look around for mouseover scripts that change an
    >image elsewhere on the page, then instead of a second jpg just point to the
    >flash.
    >
    >also you should consider having the flash movies preload to the browser
    >cache, in the background after the html and pics have loaded, otherwise
    >people will have to wait for the flash to download from the server before
    >the animation will start.
    >
    >hope this helps
    >
    >alt255

    Thank you that helps. I am trying to find such a script - is there
    any good place to start? Also, is there a place to find the
    preloaders?

    Again, thanks a million!
    david, Oct 21, 2003
  4. david

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Thank you that helps. I am trying to find such a script - is there
    > any good place to start? Also, is there a place to find the
    > preloaders?

    I sent the exact link to the page that shows you exactly what you are
    trying to do. You control the flash movie to include it's _alpha via
    Javascript found on that page. If in doubt go to www.flash.com and
    search for "control flash with javascript" You will find tons of
    examples.

    Or are you looking for someone to code the entire thing for free?

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Oct 21, 2003