Image size problem. Image Compression

Guest

Hi,

How do you compress the image content and display the image using .net
framework classes in an ASP.net application? My target is to set the centre
location where the user clicks on the image and zoom that perticular area of
image. How can I do that?
Thanks in advance.

Kevin Spencer

There are any number of ways of doing it, using both or either server and/or
client. On the client, you can use JavaScript to zoom in and out, depending
upon the other requirements, which you have not specified. For example, when
you zoom in, do you want the total picture size to increase, or do you
simply want to display a section of the zoomed-in picture in the same sized
area? Also, is this some type of, for example, mapping application, in which
you begin with a subset of a much larger set of image data, and only want to
begin with a piece of it? How large is the image on the server? What I mean
is, are you starting with a very arge, very detailed (for example a JPG
phtoto) image on the server, and want to initially make it smaller and
compress it to display in the browser, and then allow the user to zoom in,
requesting the same picture from the server, but larger and less compressed?
And what about zooming out?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer