Image source loaded twice with smartnavigation

Juergen Theis

Hello everybody,

I use an imagebutton with an aspx-page as image source. This page is
used to receive the imaging data as a stream. The page holding the
button has set smartnavigation to true. Now, the aspx-page is loaded
twice, when the imagebutton is clicked. It results in an annoying
flicker.

Any idea about the reasons or any idea how to avoid loading twice?
(Smartnavigation cannot be disabled, because it is the demand of our
clients.)

Thanks in advance.

Guest

Juergen,

Make sure your webapp is not running in debug. Best ajax, avalon or don't
use smartnav and do focus manually using the 2.0 focus methods.

Good Luck
DWS

Juergen Theis

DWS,

I have just tested my appliction in release mode. Unfortunately,
flickering is still there.

BTW, the main reason for using smartnav is not to hold the focus, but
to avoid flickering. The user should feel as working with a client side
application. From click to click the image changes only a little bit.
E.g. there is a different object selected as just before the last click
and it should look like only the selection has moved from object to
object.

Juergen