Image spreading out

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Lee David, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. Lee David

    Lee David Guest

    I am using javascript to swap images when the mouse is over a "button"
    image. I created these with Fireworks and when I look at them in window
    explorer I see they all (all three "states") are relatively the same size
    within 1-2 pixels. This is confirmed by checking the properties with the
    mouse over them.

    Yet when I "hover", I get a wide image and not the one I expected. I used
    Visual Interdev to build the site and checked their additional storage area
    (_vti_cnt) and replaced the images here and the higher directory using FTP
    as VI seems to consider what you do as a suggestion that doesn't have to be
    followed.

    Any ideas on how to force the images to be the size I set in Fireworks?

    The site is www.mokenamartialarts.com. As we have a demo tomorrow, I'd like
    to get this cleaned up before then as many people might visit the page after
    it.

    TIA, Lee

    Lee David, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Lee David

    RobB Guest

    Lee David wrote:
    > I am using javascript to swap images when the mouse is over a

    "button"
    > image. I created these with Fireworks and when I look at them in

    window
    > explorer I see they all (all three "states") are relatively the same

    size
    > within 1-2 pixels. This is confirmed by checking the properties with

    the
    > mouse over them.
    >
    > Yet when I "hover", I get a wide image and not the one I expected. I

    used
    > Visual Interdev to build the site and checked their additional

    storage area
    > (_vti_cnt) and replaced the images here and the higher directory

    using FTP
    > as VI seems to consider what you do as a suggestion that doesn't have

    to be
    > followed.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to force the images to be the size I set in

    Fireworks?

    > The site is www.mokenamartialarts.com. As we have a demo tomorrow,

    I'd like
    > to get this cleaned up before then as many people might visit the

    page after
    > it.
    >
    > TIA, Lee

    Just from a quick look, it appears as if you left out a directory in
    your rollover script:

    document['home'].src = "../images/Homemenu.gif";

    ....should be

    document['home'].src = "../images/menu/Homemenu.gif";

    Similarly,

    document['yellow'].src = "../images/Yellow.gif";

    ....should be

    document['yellow'].src = "../images/belts/Yellow.gif";

    It's really inefficient to gang-roll images like that, so I'd suggest -
    when you have more time - working in a simpler rollover routine.
    Millions around, some even using pure CSS, no JavaScript.

    RobB, Apr 7, 2005