Image to Fax

Jim Heavey

Hello, I was looking for some sample code or an article that someone might
be able to point me to as to how I might be able to go about translating a
screen image to a graphic's image wich I could fax.

I have an ASP.Net application which shows a form. This form contains check
boxes which identify the customer's selection. I then want to take this
information an create an "image" of what was selected on the form and then
fax that information. How do I go about creating the "document" which I
will transmit as a fax?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!!

Martin Dechev

Hi, Jim Heavey,

From the top of my head:
1. (Should be easier) Create a pdf document and write/draw what you need
inside. Then get the document as image. There are lots of components that do
the first part. If you find something that can manage also the second - use
it. Otherwise find another component to do the second part.
2. (Seems harder) Use the GDI+ functionality to draw your image. If you need
to write only text it should be quite easy - you will be using only the
method Graphics.DrawString:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...SystemDrawingGraphicsClassDrawStringTopic.asp

Hope this helps
Martin
P.S. Please, don't ask me for code examples on this topic