Image Web Service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Peter Lapic, Jan 3, 2006.

  1. Peter Lapic

    Peter Lapic Guest

    I have to create a image web service that when it receives an imageid
    parameter it will return a gif image from a file that has been stored on the
    server.

    The client will be an asp.net web page that calls the web service to render
    a vertical strip of images.

    After doing some research I am unable to find some vb.net code that can
    assist in what I want to achieve.
    The closest thing I found was
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmsde2kwrk/html/mypicsvbvs.asp.

    However its too complicated for me to work out the bits I really need. I
    believe the web service needs to stream the image and the asp.net page
    consumes this. Am I on the right track? Do I need to use IHttpHandler?

    Can someone show me a basic code sample in vb.net so that I get images to
    appear vertically as such:

    Image #1
    Image #2
    ::
    ::
    Image #n

    Regards
    Peter
    Peter Lapic, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Hi Peter,

    Welcome to MSDN newsgroup.
    As for this question, I've also seen your another thread in the

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    Subject: Display Images vertically via web service

    I've also posted my response there. Please have a look there. Also, if you
    feel it convenient that we continue to discuss in that thread, please feel
    free to post there.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support