Image Web Service

Peter Lapic

I have to create a image web service that when it receives an imageid
parameter it will return a gif image from a file that has been stored on the
server.

The client will be an asp.net web page that calls the web service to render
a vertical strip of images.

After doing some research I am unable to find some vb.net code that can
assist in what I want to achieve.
The closest thing I found was
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmsde2kwrk/html/mypicsvbvs.asp.

However its too complicated for me to work out the bits I really need. I
believe the web service needs to stream the image and the asp.net page
consumes this. Am I on the right track? Do I need to use IHttpHandler?

Can someone show me a basic code sample in vb.net so that I get images to
appear vertically as such:

Image #1
Image #2
::
::
Image #n

Regards
Peter

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Peter,

Welcome to MSDN newsgroup.
As for this question, I've also seen your another thread in the

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Subject: Display Images vertically via web service

I've also posted my response there. Please have a look there. Also, if you
feel it convenient that we continue to discuss in that thread, please feel
free to post there.

Thanks & Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support