Imagehost Grabber alternate download site or replacement?

Sarah Connor

I'm not sure what's going on with Imagehost Grabber, but about ten days
ago the author said at forums.imagehost-grabber.com that a particular
version (from 2013) would be the last "until further notice", and
sometime in the last two days, that website and www.imagehost-grabber.com
became defunct -- host unknown. The github repository is even more out-
dated, with no activity since 2012.

The odd thing is that the going-away notice visible at https://
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HLJ7xx-Gpv8J:www.imagehost-
grabber.com/forum/index.php%3Faction%3Drecent
+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a says to get the download from
the website that was discontinued a week later, and also says things like
"use the forum's search function". Why would he say these things if he
wasn't going to renew the imagehost-grabber.com domain registration, and
that had only a week to go until it expired? That strikes me as very odd.

Meanwhile, I've run into a problem that's apparently a known bug, fixed
in a beta version that I have no way of downloading because I can't find
imagegrabber-1.6.6.20130722.xpi anywhere other than the now-defunct
download site. Where are people supposed to get this bugfix now? Didn't
the author think of that before shutting down his site? It's not at
addons.mozilla.org; why didn't he either publish it there as a separate
item (maybe "IHG beta" or something) or else make the beta "official" if
it wasn't too unstable?

So ... does anyone know of any place (reputable!) that gathers .xpis for
download, other than addons.mozilla.org? Or any way to get this specific
one? Or even have a copy they could put up at Dropbox or somewhere and
link me to?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sarah Connor

Huh. Nevermind. I was browsing around the site's ghost at web.archive.org
looking for information about its impending (as of the archiving)
shutdown and whether there might be some sort of forwarding address, when
I clicked the beta download link on a lark.

It worked! I didn't expect web.archive.org to archive the frigging
binary. It doesn't usually even reliably archive all the images on pages.
Go figure.

So ... if anyone *else* needs a copy *I* have one. Or you can try
web.archive.org.

Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
For those wishing to use software to download images from galleries.

You can use ImageHost Grabber.

Current Version: 1.7.0.4a

Current hostf.xml: 4/17/17

Support site and downloads are at:

https://imagehostgrabber.com

In regards to FF V > 45, please note Mozilla is forcing changes on extensions!

IHG WILL WORK ON > V45 please see our forum for a quick edit of some settings to activate IHG!

For V56+ Mozilla will NO LONGER ALLOW EXTENSIONS! Only their new "web extensions."

In that case you can use V55, or use alternatives such as PaleMoon, cyberfox, pcxfox, SeaMonkey, TorBrowser etc.. See list of supported browsers at our forum.