Images and Style sheets not found

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Stevens, Aug 5, 2010.

  1. Mark Stevens

    Mark Stevens Guest

    I'm just in the process of moving my development environment from XP
    and IIS 6 to Win 7 and IIS 7. I am experiencing a problem with style
    sheets and images.

    In the master page I have a link to the style sheet:

    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Style/Style.css" />

    and in the page I have some image controls with links such as this:

    <asp:ImageButton ID="img" runat="server" ImageURL="~/images/logo.gif"
    PostBackURL="~/default.aspx" />

    On IIS 6 these work OK an the images are displayed correctly and the
    page is formatted as expected.

    On IIS 7 the images display as the red cross - image cannot be found
    and the page is not formatted. The source for the page which is
    presented to IE has the src for the image set to "images/logo.gif"

    The site is set up as a virtual directory in the default web site and
    I have converted it to an application.

    Anyone have any pointers as Google is not returning anything helpful
    so far.

    Thanks in advance,
    Mark
    --
    |\ _,,,---,,_ A picture used to be worth a
    ZZZzzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;, thousand words - then along
    |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' came television!
    '---''(_/--' `-'\_)

    Mark Stevens (mark at thepcsite fullstop co fullstop uk)

    This message is provided "as is".

    Mark Stevens, Aug 5, 2010

  2. Mark Stevens

    Mark Stevens Guest

    Found a quick solution - I deleted the directory and let VS 2010
    recreate it.

    Regards,
    Mark

    --
    |\ _,,,---,,_ A picture used to be worth a
    ZZZzzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;, thousand words - then along
    |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' came television!

    Mark Stevens, Aug 5, 2010