Images do not show in IE browser on some client machines

Guest

I used Visual Studio .NEt 2003 to develop a web form in which there is a bmp
format image. I used WebControls.Image in Design and set ImageUrl property
field to file:///C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Demo\webimages\b2pentagons2.bmp

Any problem about it?

How to make a change for it?

Thanks

David

George Ter-Saakov

Do you think client's machines have that path
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Demo\webimages\b2pentagons2.bmp

George

Mark Rae [MVP]

I used Visual Studio .NEt 2003 to develop a web form in which there is a
bmp
format image. I used WebControls.Image in Design and set ImageUrl property
field to file:///C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Demo\webimages\b2pentagons2.bmp

Any problem about it?

Yes - it doesn't exist on the client machines...
How to make a change for it?

Don't use a hard-coded fully-qualified filespec - use a relative path
instead e.g.:

"../webimages/b2pentagons.bmp"

Guest

Thank you.