    I know it is possible, I've seen it before on some websites..

    Thanks for the attention and ( if possible ) ..help

    Ron

    RonW, Jan 1, 2004

  2. RonW

    m Guest

    RonW wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am starting (again) making a website. The background is like a piece of
    > writing paper.
    > I want to place some pictures on a page and I want it to look like a
    > photograph lying on the background, with a little shadow edge under it and
    > an edge like an old photograph ( sort of a ragged white edge )around the
    > image.

    Learn how to use layers well in Gimp or Photoshop.

    > I know I have to edit the picture with an image editor, but I just cannot
    > find the right one. I have Paint Shop Pro 7, Adobe's Photoshop, but they
    > don't have the editing options needed to make the picture like I want them
    > to.
    > Anyone knows an image editor that will do the things I described above ?
    > I know it is possible, I've seen it before on some websites..

    Gimp is as advanced as Photoshop, but more specialized for web
    graphics and free. Runs a bit slow on winboxes compared to linux, and
    you have to save often on winblows. But if anything will do the
    job, it will. Be sure to download one of the big Gimp books, too.
    The learning curve is about as steep as photoshop, so brace
    for a busy day. Go to gimp.org.
    cheers, m at mbstevens.com

    m, Jan 1, 2004

  3. RonW

    RonW Guest

    Ok,

    I'll have a go at Gimp ( I have Linux and Solaris on my pc too, so don't
    have to run it in Windows.. ;-)

    Ron

    RonW, Jan 1, 2004
  4. RonW

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:bt20l7$bfm$>

    ulead photoimpact is an easy to use package. http://ulead.com/

    --
    brucie
    02/January/2004 07:59:25 am kilo

    brucie, Jan 1, 2004
  5. RonW

    RonW Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post <news:bt20l7$bfm$>
    > RonW said:
    >
    > > I want to place some pictures on a page and I want it to look like a
    > > photograph lying on the background, with a little shadow edge under it

    and
    > > an edge like an old photograph ( sort of a ragged white edge )around the
    > > image.

    > ulead photoimpact is an easy to use package. http://ulead.com/
    >
    > --
    > brucie