Images from JAR Files - Solved! (sort of)

Charles Thomas

My thanks to those from this group who tried to help me sort out my
problem with a Jar Bundled stand-alone OSX application that could not
load images properly from the JAR file.

According to every email suggestion I received, I'm going about my image

Finally, in desperation, I went back to some old stand-alone
applications made with MRJAppBuilder which worked on OSX and loaded
their images properly.

I simply swapped out the old JAR file with the new one, and Bob's Yer
Uncle!

This, to me, says that there's something wrong with how the current
version of Jar Bundler is making the stand-alone apps. That somehow
it's mucking up the ability of the app to retrieve the images (they ARE
being found, just not retrieved properly).

So I have a work-around for now, but no idea if the bug is in Jar
Builder or what.

Thank G-d for saving old versions of the software.

CT