Images from JAR Files - Solved! (sort of)

Discussion in 'Java' started by Charles Thomas, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. My thanks to those from this group who tried to help me sort out my
    problem with a Jar Bundled stand-alone OSX application that could not
    load images properly from the JAR file.

    According to every email suggestion I received, I'm going about my image

    Finally, in desperation, I went back to some old stand-alone
    applications made with MRJAppBuilder which worked on OSX and loaded
    their images properly.

    I simply swapped out the old JAR file with the new one, and Bob's Yer
    Uncle!

    This, to me, says that there's something wrong with how the current
    version of Jar Bundler is making the stand-alone apps. That somehow
    it's mucking up the ability of the app to retrieve the images (they ARE
    being found, just not retrieved properly).

    So I have a work-around for now, but no idea if the bug is in Jar
    Builder or what.

    Thank G-d for saving old versions of the software.

    CT

    Charles Thomas, Jul 25, 2003

  2. You also might consider using the Image Sourcerer, which enables you to
    embed images directly into the source code.

    See http://www.catalysoft.com/products/sourcerer.shtml

    Simon

    --
    www.catalysoft.com - increasing the rate of your software development