    -Gernot
    int main(int argc, char** argv) {printf
    ("%silto%c%cf%cgl%ssic%ccom%c", "ma", 58, 'g', 64, "ba", 46, 10);}

    Gernot Frisch, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Gernot Frisch wrote:
    > In this page:
    > http://www.bibelchristen.de/quiz.php?topic=papst
    >
    > There's a problem with my images. Firefox looks good, IE6 looks
    > "naked".

    That one's easy, MSIE's miserable PNG support:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...t&cd=1&q=MSIE png alpha transparency &spell=1
    MSIE png alpha transparency - Google Search

    > Also the submit button is dead. I typed it like:
    >
    > <form name="test" action="quiz.php?topic=papst" method="post">
    > </form>

    Not sure, don't have time to debug for you. You do have a few markup
    errors but not too serious.

    One question though, if you sending by POST why put a query string
    parameter in your form's action? Not better to transmit by POST as well?

    <form name="test" action="quiz.php" method="post">
    <input hype=hidden" name="topic" value="papst">

    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 7, 2006

  3. > That one's easy, MSIE's miserable PNG support:

    I use the exact same images on www.glbasic.com - they work.

    > One question though, if you sending by POST why put a query string
    > parameter in your form's action? Not better to transmit by POST as
    > well?

    Because I want the quiz-topic to be linkable, so you can have several
    topics with my quiz script and send liks to them to friends.
    Thank you so far.

    Gernot Frisch, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Gernot Frisch wrote:
    >> That one's easy, MSIE's miserable PNG support:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...t&cd=1&q=MSIE png alpha transparency &spell=1
    >> MSIE png alpha transparency - Google Search

    > I use the exact same images on www.glbasic.com - they work.
    >

    >> One question though, if you sending by POST why put a query string
    >> parameter in your form's action? Not better to transmit by POST as
    >> well?

    > Because I want the quiz-topic to be linkable, so you can have several
    > topics with my quiz script and send liks to them to friends.
    > Thank you so far.

    Hmm, path problem? When I downloaded your page with gfx it does display
    in IE! Most likely a floated element whacking IE, IE can be touchy with
    floats... My advice is to strip down to minimal and build back and test
    in IE to locate the bug. Tedious, but works.

    On another note however your DOCTYPE is set strict (GOOD) but your
    coding style is transitional in places (BAD)

    vlink="blue">

    change to CSS:

    BODY { color: black; background-color: white; }
    A:link, A:visited, A:active {color: blue; }

    HTML: <body>

    and
    width="100%">

    change to CSS:

    TABLE { border-collapse: collapse; width: 100% height: 100%; }

    HTML: <table>

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan