Images not showing

informant

Nik Coughin said:
That is the dumbest thing I have heard all week. Congratulations Richard.

You should see his weird science notions on the causes of hydroplaning. You
didn't realize it's the steam from the sun on the pavement, did you?

Els

Craven said:
Lol! I notice your Website uses a Dreamweaver template;-0

Now, where in the world (or rather where on my website) did
you encounter anything that might lead you to believe that?
I have never touched or so much as looked at Dreamweaver.

This must be the real trolling, for sure. Is it the ;-0 that
must indicate you're joking?
You are correct though;-) If a clear correct PATH is indicated within the WP
and can be accessed, there shouldn't be a problem.

Now this is not trolling, this is correct.

SpaceGirl

The images need to be in the same directory as the html page REGARDLESS if
the page is locally or on the server.
IE is very specific about this.
This is the biggest mistake that newcomers make all the time.

No it doesn't.

Even when you "save page" in Internet Explorer to your local machine (any
web site, anywhere) it writes a local copy of the site to a folder that will
be perfectly viewable... and guess what? It places all the images in a
subfolder. Relative paths work just the same on your local machine as they
do out on a live web server. That still doesn't mean they'll work if you
mess them up though :)