    page. The web site is developer on Visual Studio 2005. The image control no
    support this image format, that control i can use to show this format???

    Thanks.

    Guillermo Jimenez, Oct 1, 2007

  2. Guillermo Jimenez wrote:
    > Hi....
    >
    > Please help me with this case. I need to show an image .TIFF in a
    > .aspx web page. The web site is developer on Visual Studio 2005. The
    > image control no support this image format, that control i can use to
    > show this format???

    recommended practice), but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net is
    a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be lucky enough
    to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a newsgroup
    where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    to help you.

    I have no experience with TIFFs so I cannot answer this. I suspect a
    standard html element might work but I won't guarantee it.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 1, 2007

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed
    =?Utf-8?B?R3VpbGxlcm1vIEppbWVuZXo=?=
    <> writing in

    > Hi....
    >
    > Please help me with this case. I need to show an image .TIFF in a
    > .aspx web page. The web site is developer on Visual Studio 2005. The
    > image control no support this image format, that control i can use to
    > show this format???
    >
    > Thanks.

    Browsers can only show gif, jpg and png (every once in a while, an odd
    one will show a bmp). You would have to convert the TIFF to one of
    those formats. I don't know if there if that is something that .net can
    do, but I doubt it.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 2, 2007
  4. "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote in message
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed
    > =?Utf-8?B?R3VpbGxlcm1vIEppbWVuZXo=?=
    > <> writing in
    >
    > > Hi....
    > >
    > > Please help me with this case. I need to show an image .TIFF in a
    > > .aspx web page. The web site is developer on Visual Studio 2005. The
    > > image control no support this image format, that control i can use to
    > > show this format???
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > Browsers can only show gif, jpg and png (every once in a while, an odd
    > one will show a bmp). You would have to convert the TIFF to one of
    > those formats. I don't know if there if that is something that .net can
    > do, but I doubt it.

    System.Drawing.Bitmap class can load a TIFF. It's save method can take an
    image format parameter to specify the desired output encoding. So its
    possible to simply save a JPEG or GIF directly to the Response.OutputStream.

    Unfortunately both JPEG and GIF are lossy so PNG is best used if fidelity is
    to be maintained. A problem with PNG is that for some reason can't be sent
    directly to a stream. In which case a PNG file needs to be generated from
    the Bitmap save method then the PNG file sent to the client.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Oct 3, 2007